Genomes and Genes
Anna Katerina Hadjantonakis
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Hadjantonakis A, Papaioannou V. Dynamic in vivo imaging and cell tracking using a histone fluorescent protein fusion in mice. BMC Biotechnol. 2004;4:33 pubmed..It is therefore attractive for use in multidimensional studies of in vivo cell behavior and cell fate. ..
- Garg V, Morgani S, Hadjantonakis A. Capturing Identity and Fate Ex Vivo: Stem Cells from the Mouse Blastocyst. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2016;120:361-400 pubmed publisher..Here we outline our current understanding of the derivation, maintenance, and properties of these in vitro stem cell models representing the preimplantation embryonic lineages. ..
- Freyer L, Hsu C, Nowotschin S, Pauli A, Ishida J, Kuba K, et al. Loss of Apela Peptide in Mice Causes Low Penetrance Embryonic Lethality and Defects in Early Mesodermal Derivatives. Cell Rep. 2017;20:2116-2130 pubmed publisher..Double-mutant analyses showed that loss of Apela signaling impacts early Aplnr-expressing mesodermal populations independently of the alternative ligand Apelin, leading to lethal cardiac defects in some Apela null embryos. ..
- Morgani S, Nichols J, Hadjantonakis A. The many faces of Pluripotency: in vitro adaptations of a continuum of in vivo states. BMC Dev Biol. 2017;17:7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we speculate on embryonic stage-specific characteristics that could be utilized to identify novel, developmentally relevant, pluripotent states. ..
- Kang M, Garg V, Hadjantonakis A. Lineage Establishment and Progression within the Inner Cell Mass of the Mouse Blastocyst Requires FGFR1 and FGFR2. Dev Cell. 2017;41:496-510.e5 pubmed publisher..These data lead us to propose a model whereby unique and additive activities of FGFR1 and FGFR2 within the ICM coordinate establishment of two distinct lineages. ..
- Hadjantonakis A, Arias A. Single-Cell Approaches: Pandora's Box of Developmental Mechanisms. Dev Cell. 2016;38:574-8 pubmed publisher..By bridging scales, single-cell approaches should, in principle, galvanize our understanding of how individual cells adopt distinct fates as they build complex tissues. ..
- Schrode N, Saiz N, Di Talia S, Hadjantonakis A. GATA6 levels modulate primitive endoderm cell fate choice and timing in the mouse blastocyst. Dev Cell. 2014;29:454-67 pubmed publisher..This study provides a framework for quantitative analyses of mammalian embryos and establishes GATA6 as a nodal point in the gene regulatory network driving ICM lineage specification. ..