Manuel E Engelhorn
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Autoimmunity and tumor immunity induced by immune responses to mutations in selfManuel E Engelhorn
Swim Across America Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Med 12:198-206. 2006..Thus, presentation of a vast repertoire of antigen variants to the immune system can enhance the generation of adaptive immune responses to self...
- Mechanisms of immunization against cancer using chimeric antigensManuel E Engelhorn
The Swim Across America Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Ther 16:773-81. 2008..Therefore large fusion vector panels such as those presented here can provide information to promote the successful advancement of gene-based vaccines...
- Immune rejection of mouse tumors expressing mutated selfFei Duan
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Cancer Res 69:3545-53. 2009..Immune modulation, such as inducing GITR signaling, is required to enhance CD8(+) T-cell responses to specific mutations and to lead to tumor rejection...
- DNA immunization against tissue-restricted antigens enhances tumor immunity after allogeneic hemopoietic stem cell transplantationMiguel Angel Perales
Swim Across America Laboratory of Tumor Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 177:4159-67. 2006..These results demonstrate that DNA immunization against tissue-restricted Ags after allogeneic T cell-depleted HSCT can induce potent antitumor effects without causing GVHD...
- Optimization of a self antigen for presentation of multiple epitopes in cancer immunityJose A Guevara-Patino
Swim Across America Laboratory of Tumor Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1382-90. 2006....
- Immunological validation of the EpitOptimizer program for streamlined design of heteroclitic epitopesColin S B Houghton
The Swim Across America Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, United States
Vaccine 25:5330-42. 2007..These data demonstrate that this approach can serve as the basis of epitope-engineering against cancer and intracellular pathogens...
- A single heteroclitic epitope determines cancer immunity after xenogeneic DNA immunization against a tumor differentiation antigenJason S Gold
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 170:5188-94. 2003....
- Phase I/II study of GM-CSF DNA as an adjuvant for a multipeptide cancer vaccine in patients with advanced melanomaMiguel Angel Perales
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Ther 16:2022-9. 2008..Responding T cells had an effector memory cell phenotype. Polyfunctional T cells were also demonstrated. At a median of 31 months follow-up, median survival has not been reached. Human GM-CSF DNA was found to be a safe adjuvant...
- Antiviral T cell responses: phalanx or multipronged attack?David N Posnett
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 201:1881-4. 2005..Later, in the battle of Marathon described by Herodotus, the Greeks learned the advantages of multipronged attacks, a strategy still used in modern warfare. Is the immune system similar in its approach to combatting pathogens or tumors?..
- Concomitant tumor immunity to a poorly immunogenic melanoma is prevented by regulatory T cellsMary Jo Turk
The Swim Across America Laboratory of Tumor Immunology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 200:771-82. 2004..These results show that regulatory T cells are the major regulators of concomitant tumor immunity against this weakly immunogenic tumor...
- Strategies to overcome immune ignorance and toleranceMiguel Angel Perales
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Medical School and Graduate School of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 12:63-71. 2002..Crucial to these approaches is the discovery and understanding of the molecular identity of antigens and the mechanisms involved in tumor immunity. In this review, strategies to overcome immune ignorance and tolerance are discussed...