Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Polychlorinated biphenyls and non-Hodgkin lymphomaLawrence S Engel
Department of Epidemiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Epidemiology Service, 307 E 63rd St, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:373-6. 2007..In conclusion, there is mounting evidence of a relationship between certain PCBs and risk of NHL, but important questions remain, especially regarding the magnitude, timing, and causality of that relationship...
- Population attributable risks of esophageal and gastric cancersLawrence S Engel
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1404-13. 2003..Herein, we estimate the population attributable risks (PARs) for various risk factors observed in a multicenter population-based case-control study...
- Pesticide use and breast cancer risk among farmers' wives in the agricultural health studyLawrence S Engel
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Epidemiol 161:121-35. 2005..Further follow-up of this cohort should help clarify the relation between pesticide exposure and breast cancer risk...
- Prevalence of exposure to solvents, metals, grain dust, and other hazards among farmers in the Agricultural Health StudyJoseph Coble
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Occupational Epidemiology Branch, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS8110, Rockville, Maryland 20892 7240, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 12:418-26. 2002..Confounding risk ratios calculated for these activities suggest that the magnitude of bias due to confounding is likely to be minimal...
- Use of anti-inflammatory drugs and lower esophageal sphincter-relaxing drugs and risk of esophageal and gastric cancersJoan Fortuny
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:1154-1159.e3. 2007..We investigated whether use of LES-relaxing drugs was related to an increased risk of esophageal and gastric cardia adenocarcinoma, and whether use of NSAIDs was related to a reduced risk of esophageal and gastric cancers...
- Neurologic symptoms in licensed private pesticide applicators in the agricultural health studyFreya Kamel
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:877-82. 2005....
- Microsatellite polymorphisms in the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene and the transforming growth factor-alpha (TGFA) gene and risk of oral cancer in Puerto RicoDaehee Kang
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, SNUCM, Seoul, Korea
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:343-7. 2005....
- Glycophorin A is a potential biomarker for the mutagenic effects of pesticidesTim K Takaro
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Int J Occup Environ Health 10:256-61. 2004..Despite the small sample size due to the alleleotype restriction, these findings support the hypothesis that some pesticides are mutagenic to hematopoietic stem cells...
- An icon-based interview for the assessment of occupational pesticide exposure in a case-control study of childhood leukemiaPatricia Monge
Central American Institute for Studies on Toxic Substances IRET, Universidad Nacional, PO Box 86 3000, Heredia, Costa Rica
Int J Occup Environ Health 10:72-8. 2004..Data on pesticides will be further improved by introducing external data use on different crops, time periods, and regions, and by exposure modeling for 27 pesticides...
- Occupation and risk of esophageal and gastric cardia adenocarcinomaLawrence S Engel
Occupational Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Ind Med 42:11-22. 2002..Adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia have risen dramatically in incidence over the past few decades, however, little research has been conducted on the occupational risk factors for these cancers...
- Pooled analysis and meta-analysis of glutathione S-transferase M1 and bladder cancer: a HuGE reviewLawrence S Engel
Occupational Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Am J Epidemiol 156:95-109. 2002..45, 95% CI: -0.03, 0.93). These results indicate that, among populations studied to date, GSTM1 null status is associated with a modest increase in the risk of bladder cancer...
- Polychlorinated biphenyl levels in peripheral blood and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a report from three cohortsLawrence S Engel
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 67:5545-52. 2007..The results from these three cohorts suggest that concentrations of certain PCBs in blood are associated with increased risk of NHL...
- Factors associated with refusal to provide a buccal cell sample in the Agricultural Health StudyLawrence S Engel
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7240, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:493-6. 2002..In short, there appears to be little selection bias in the Agricultural Health Study buccal cell collection process, further supporting the use of such mailed collection kits in epidemiological research...
- Serum Organochlorine Levels and Primary Liver Cancer: A Nested Case-Control StudyLawrence Engel; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Serum Organochlorine Levels and Primary Liver Cancer: A Nested Case-Control StudyLawrence Engel; Fiscal Year: 2009....