Timothy A Chan
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Rizvi N, Chan T. Immunotherapy and Oncogenic Pathways: The PTEN Connection. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:128-9 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on the intricate interplay between oncogenic pathways and antitumor immune response. ..
- Desrichard A, Snyder A, Chan T. Cancer Neoantigens and Applications for Immunotherapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:807-12 pubmed publisher..Specifically, these neoantigens could be useful both as predictors of immune checkpoint blockade therapy response and/or incorporated in therapeutic vaccination strategies. ..
- Walsh L, Alvarez M, Sabio E, Reyngold M, Makarov V, Mukherjee S, et al. An Integrated Systems Biology Approach Identifies TRIM25 as a Key Determinant of Breast Cancer Metastasis. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1623-1640 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that identifying and targeting keystone proteins, like TRIM25, can effectively collapse transcriptional hierarchies necessary for metastasis formation, thus representing an innovative cancer intervention strategy. ..
- Dalin M, Katabi N, Persson M, Lee K, Makarov V, Desrichard A, et al. Multi-dimensional genomic analysis of myoepithelial carcinoma identifies prevalent oncogenic gene fusions. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1197 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that MECA is a fusion-driven disease, nominate TGFBR3-PLAG1 as a hallmark of MECA, and provide a framework for future diagnostic and therapeutic research in this lethal cancer. ..
- Gong Y, Schumacher S, Wu W, Tang F, Beroukhim R, Chan T. Pan-Cancer Analysis Links PARK2 to BCL-XL-Dependent Control of Apoptosis. Neoplasia. 2017;19:75-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, like genes at the nodal points of growth arrest pathways such as p53, the PARK2 tumor suppressor is able to exert its antiproliferative effects by regulating both cell cycle progression and programmed cell death. ..
- Samstein R, Chan T. Dissecting microsatellite instability in colorectal cancer: one size does not fit all. Genome Med. 2017;9:45 pubmed publisher..See related research by Sveen et al. 10.1186/s13073-017-0434-0. ..
- Riaz N, Havel J, Makarov V, Desrichard A, Urba W, Sims J, et al. Tumor and Microenvironment Evolution during Immunotherapy with Nivolumab. Cell. 2017;171:934-949.e16 pubmed publisher..Temporal changes in intratumoral TCR repertoire revealed expansion of T cell clones in the setting of neoantigen loss. Comprehensive genomic profiling data in this study provide insight into nivolumab's mechanism of action. ..
- Turcan S, Makarov V, Taranda J, Wang Y, Fabius A, Wu W, et al. Mutant-IDH1-dependent chromatin state reprogramming, reversibility, and persistence. Nat Genet. 2018;50:62-72 pubmed publisher..These findings have substantial implications for understanding of mutant IDH function and for optimizing therapeutic approaches to targeting IDH-mutant tumors. ..
- Roy D, Walsh L, Desrichard A, Huse J, Wu W, Gao J, et al. Integrated Genomics for Pinpointing Survival Loci within Arm-Level Somatic Copy Number Alterations. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:737-750 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive approach uncovered several 9p loss-specific prognostic markers, validated existing ones, and redefined the impact of CDKN2A loss in LGG. ..
- Mandal R, Chan T. Personalized Oncology Meets Immunology: The Path toward Precision Immunotherapy. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:703-13 pubmed publisher..Recent progress in these areas has been promising and has created a framework for precision immune-oncology. Cancer Discov; 6(7); 703-13. ©2016 AACR. ..