ROBERT I BENEZRA
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- ID1 is a functional marker for intestinal stem and progenitor cells required for normal response to injuryNing Zhang
Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Stem Cell Reports 3:716-24. 2014..These experiments identify ID1 as a marker for intestinal stem/progenitor cells and demonstrate a role for ID1 in maintaining the potential for repair in response to colonic injury. ..
- Mad2-induced chromosome instability leads to lung tumour relapse after oncogene withdrawalRocio Sotillo
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nature 464:436-40. 2010..The recurrent tumours are highly aneuploid and have varied activation of pro-proliferative pathways. Thus, early chromosomal instability may be responsible for tumour relapse after seemingly effective anticancer treatments...
- Role of Id proteins in embryonic and tumor angiogenesisR Benezra
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 11:237-41. 2001....
- Endostatin's endpoints-Deciphering the endostatin antiangiogenic pathwayRobert Benezra
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021 USA
Cancer Cell 5:205-6. 2004..This study resolves some of the controversies surrounding endostatin's biology, and provides a new direction to help dissect the molecular pathways involved in endostatin's selective tumor antiangiogenic effects...
- The Id proteins and angiogenesisR Benezra
Department of Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncogene 20:8334-41. 2001..This section of the review issue will focus on the key observations which have led to these conclusions, speculations about potential mechanisms and the outlook for potential therapeutic interventions...
- Rescue of cardiac defects in id knockout embryos by injection of embryonic stem cellsDiego Fraidenraich
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 306:247-52. 2004..Thus, ES cells have the potential to reverse congenital defects through Id-dependent local and long-range effects in a mammalian embryo...
- Vascular and haematopoietic stem cells: novel targets for anti-angiogenesis therapy?Shahin Rafii
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cornell University Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, Room D601, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:826-35. 2002
- Embryonic stem cells prevent developmental cardiac defects in miceDiego Fraidenraich
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:S14-7. 2006..Future studies are discussed...
- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells contribute to the angiogenic switch in tumor growth and metastatic progressionDingcheng Gao
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Lehman Brothers Lung Cancer Research Center, Cornell University Medical Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1796:33-40. 2009..Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 28 (2008) 1584-1595. ; F. Timmermans, J. Plum, M.C. Yoder, D.A. Ingram, B. Vandekerckhove and J. Case, J. Cell. Mol. Med. 13 (2009) 87-102. ] and reviews by Bertolini, Voest and Yoder in this issue...
- Effect of angiogenesis inhibition by Id loss and the contribution of bone-marrow-derived endothelial cells in spontaneous murine tumorsMarianna B Ruzinova
Program of Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Cell 4:277-89. 2003..Inhibition of these factors phenocopies loss of Id in in vivo angiogenesis assays...
- High levels of Id1 expression define B1 type adult neural stem cellsHyung Song Nam
Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell Stem Cell 5:515-26. 2009..We suggest that high expression of a single transcriptional regulator, Id1, molecularly defines the long-sought-after B1 type adult neural stem cells...
- Id1 restrains p21 expression to control endothelial progenitor cell formationAlessia Ciarrocchi
Program of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1338. 2007..These results demonstrate that the restraint of p21 expression by Id1 is one key element of its activity in facilitating the generation of EPCs in the BM and highlight the critical role these cells play in tumor angiogenesis...
- Angiogenesis impairment in Id-deficient mice cooperates with an Hsp90 inhibitor to completely suppress HER2/neu-dependent breast tumorsPaola de Candia
Program in Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12337-42. 2003..Thus angiogenesis inhibitors in combination with inhibitors of Hsp90 function should be evaluated for the treatment of advanced breast cancer...
- Expansion and maintenance of human embryonic stem cell-derived endothelial cells by TGFbeta inhibition is Id1 dependentDaylon James
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ansary Stem Cell Institute, Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Nat Biotechnol 28:161-6. 2010..Our approach provides a serum-free method for differentiation and long-term maintenance of hESC-derived endothelial cells at a scale relevant to clinical application...
- Id proteins in development, cell cycle and cancerMarianna B Ruzinova
Department of Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue Box 241, New York, NY 10021, USA
Trends Cell Biol 13:410-8. 2003..Thus, the Id proteins have become important molecules for understanding basic biological processes as well as targets for potential therapeutic intervention in human disease...
- Selective alpha-particle mediated depletion of tumor vasculature with vascular normalizationJaspreet Singh Jaggi
Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e267. 2007..Alpha particles are extraordinarily potent, short-ranged radiations with geometry uniquely suitable for selectively killing neovasculature...
- Reassessment of id1 protein expression in human mammary, prostate, and bladder cancers using a monospecific rabbit monoclonal anti-id1 antibodyJonathan Perk
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program and Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer Res 66:10870-7. 2006..These results suggest that further refinement of Id1 expression patterns in a variety of tumor types will be necessary to identify and study the functional roles played by Id1 in human neoplastic processes...
- Utilization of bone marrow-derived endothelial cell precursors in spontaneous prostate tumors varies with tumor gradeHaiqing Li
Program of Cell Biology and Genetics, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 64:6137-43. 2004....
- Mad2 phosphorylation regulates its association with Mad1 and the APC/CKatja Wassmann
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Box 241, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
EMBO J 22:797-806. 2003..These data suggest that the phosphorylation state of Mad2 regulates its checkpoint activity by modulating its association with Mad1 and the APC/C...
- Id family of helix-loop-helix proteins in cancerJonathan Perk
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue Box 241, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 5:603-14. 2005....