Peter J Allen
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Dudeja V, Allen P. Premalignant cystic neoplasms of the pancreas. Semin Oncol. 2015;42:70-85 pubmed publisher..We provide an overview of the key features used in diagnosis and in predicting malignancy. Particular attention is given to the natural history and management decision making. ..
- Root A, Allen P, Tempst P, Yu K. Protein Biomarkers for Early Detection of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma: Progress and Challenges. Cancers (Basel). 2018;10: pubmed publisher..The magnitude of the clinical translational challenge is uncertain, but interdisciplinary cooperation within the PDAC community is poised to confront it. ..
- Sadot E, Reidy Lagunes D, Tang L, Do R, Gonen M, D Angelica M, et al. Observation versus Resection for Small Asymptomatic Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: A Matched Case-Control Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1361-70 pubmed publisher..In this study, no patient who was initially observed developed metastases or died from disease after a median follow-up of 44Â months. Observation for stable, small, incidentally discovered PanNET is reasonable in selected patients. ..
- Al Efishat M, Allen P. Therapeutic Approach to Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas. Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2016;25:351-61 pubmed publisher..Research is focusing on the development of pre-operative markers for identifying high risk lesions, which will spare patients with low-risk or benign lesions the risks of pancreatectomy. ..
- Allen P. The diagnosis and management of cystic lesions of the pancreas. Chin Clin Oncol. 2017;6:60 pubmed publisher..This chapter will highlight the challenges with diagnosis and management of patients who present with cystic neoplasms of the pancreas. ..
- Pak L, D Angelica M, Dematteo R, Kingham T, Balachandran V, Jarnagin W, et al. Natural History of Patients Followed Radiographically with Mucinous Cysts of the Pancreas. J Gastrointest Surg. 2017;21:1599-1605 pubmed publisher..Appropriately selected patients with mucinous pancreatic cysts can be safely followed with serial surveillance with a low risk of malignant progression. ..
- Pak L, Schattner M, Balachandran V, D Angelica M, Dematteo R, Kingham T, et al. The clinical utility of immunoglobulin G4 in the evaluation of autoimmune pancreatitis and pancreatic adenocarcinoma. HPB (Oxford). 2018;20:182-187 pubmed publisher..In this study of selected patients who underwent IgG4 testing, 9% of elevated IgG4 patients had PDAC. The overreliance on IgG4 as diagnostic for AIP may lead to mis-diagnosis and delayed treatment for PDAC. ..