Richard O White
Affiliation: Meharry Medical College
- Leveling the field: addressing health disparities through diabetes disease managementRichard O White
Division of General Internal Medicine, Meharry Medical College, 1005 Dr DB Todd Jr Blvd, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:42-8. 2010..To examine the relationships among patient characteristics, labor inputs, and improvement in glycosylated hemoglobin (A1C) level in a successful primary care-based diabetes disease management program (DDMP)...
- Development and validation of a Spanish diabetes-specific numeracy measure: DNT-15 LatinoRichard O White
Department of Internal Medicine, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 13:893-8. 2011....
- Health literacy explains racial disparities in diabetes medication adherenceChandra Y Osborn
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8300, USA
J Health Commun 16:268-78. 2011..09, p = .14). Diabetes medication adherence promotion interventions should address patient health literacy limitations...
- Diabetes numeracy: an overlooked factor in understanding racial disparities in glycemic controlChandra Y Osborn
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Diabetes Care 32:1614-9. 2009..We examined whether health literacy, general numeracy, and diabetes-related numeracy explain the association between African American race and poor glycemic control (A1C) in patients with diabetes...
- The association of acculturation and health literacy, numeracy and health-related skills in Spanish-speaking caregivers of young childrenPhilip J Ciampa
Department of Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37203 1738, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:492-8. 2013..Literacy and numeracy skills attenuated the association between acculturation and child health skills. These associations may help to explain some child health disparities in Latino communities...