Richard O White
Affiliation: Meharry Medical College
- Leveling the field: addressing health disparities through diabetes disease managementRichard O White
Division of General Internal Medicine, Meharry Medical College, 1005 Dr DB Todd Jr Blvd, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:42-8. 2010..To examine the relationships among patient characteristics, labor inputs, and improvement in glycosylated hemoglobin (A1C) level in a successful primary care-based diabetes disease management program (DDMP)...
- Development and validation of a Spanish diabetes-specific numeracy measure: DNT-15 LatinoRichard O White
Department of Internal Medicine, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 13:893-8. 2011....
- Health literacy explains racial disparities in diabetes medication adherenceChandra Y Osborn
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8300, USA
J Health Commun 16:268-78. 2011..09, p = .14). Diabetes medication adherence promotion interventions should address patient health literacy limitations...
- The association of acculturation and health literacy, numeracy and health-related skills in Spanish-speaking caregivers of young childrenPhilip J Ciampa
Department of Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37203 1738, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:492-8. 2013..Literacy and numeracy skills attenuated the association between acculturation and child health skills. These associations may help to explain some child health disparities in Latino communities...
- Diabetes numeracy: an overlooked factor in understanding racial disparities in glycemic controlChandra Y Osborn
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Diabetes Care 32:1614-9. 2009..We examined whether health literacy, general numeracy, and diabetes-related numeracy explain the association between African American race and poor glycemic control (A1C) in patients with diabetes...
- The PRIDE (Partnership to Improve Diabetes Education) Toolkit: Development and Evaluation of Novel Literacy and Culturally Sensitive Diabetes Education MaterialsKathleen Wolff
School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN Ms Wolff Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Ms Chambers Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL Dr Bumol Division of Community Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL Dr White Vanderbilt Diabetes Center, Nashville, TN Ms Gregory Vanderbilt Diabetes Center, Nashville, TN Ms Davis Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN Dr Rothman
Diabetes Educ 42:23-33. 2016..The Partnership to Improve Diabetes Education (PRIDE) toolkit was developed to facilitate diabetes self-management education and support...