Stephania T Miller
Affiliation: Meharry Medical College
- Physical activity-related experiences, counseling expectations, personal responsibility, and altruism among urban African American women with type 2 diabetesStephania T Miller
Stephania T Miller, Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, 1005 D B Todd Blvd, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:229-35. 2012..The purpose of this study was to explore physical activity-related experiences, perceptions, and counseling expectations among urban, underactive, African American women with type 2 diabetes...
- Exploring ethnic disparities in diabetes, diabetes care, and lifestyle behaviors: the Nashville REACH 2010 community baseline surveyStephania T Miller
Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
Ethn Dis 14:S38-45. 2004....
- Using focus groups to understand health-related practices and perceptions of African Americans: Nashville REACH 2010 preliminary findingsStephania T Miller
Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Ethn Dis 14:S70-6. 2004....
- Psychometric evaluation of the Problem Areas in Diabetes (PAID) survey in Southern, rural African American women with Type 2 diabetesStephania T Miller
Department of Surgery, Center for Women s Health Research, Meharry Medical College, Nashville TN, USA
BMC Public Health 8:70. 2008..Our purpose was to assess the psychometric properties of the PAID in Southern rural African American women with Type 2 diabetes...
- Rural healthcare providers question the practicality of motivational interviewing and report varied physical activity counseling experienceStephania T Miller
Meharry Medical College, Department of Surgery, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Patient Educ Couns 76:279-82. 2009..To evaluate rural healthcare providers (HCP) physical activity (PA) counseling experiences and perceptions of motivational interviewing (MI), a behavioral counseling style, prior to MI training...
- Perceptions of physical activity and motivational interviewing among rural African-American women with type 2 diabetesStephania T Miller
Meharry Medical College, Department of Surgery, 1005 Dr D B Todd Blvd, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Womens Health Issues 20:43-9. 2010..Because intervention outcomes are highly dependent on patient responsiveness to intervention strategy, we evaluated MI perceptions among rural African American women with type 2 diabetes before a physical activity intervention...
- Diabetes and psychological profile of younger rural African American women with type 2 diabetesStephania T Miller
Meharry Medical College, 1005 DB Todd Blvd, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:1239-52. 2011..To describe diabetes self-care behaviors, diabetes-related distress, depressive symptoms, and diabetes-related needs among rural African American women with type 2 diabetes ages 21-50...
- Diabetes TV news coverage lags behindStephania T Miller
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Diabetes Research and Training Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Diabetes Care 25:607. 2002
- BMI and seatbelt useDavid G Schlundt
Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2541-5. 2007..Seatbelt use among obese persons may be reduced because seatbelts are uncomfortable. We investigated the association between obesity and seatbelt use with data from the 2002 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey...