Affiliation: Medtronic Inc
- Determination of plasma glucose during rapid glucose excursions with a subcutaneous glucose sensorGarry M Steil
Division of Research and Development, Medtronic MiniMed, Inc, Northridge, California, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 5:27-31. 2003..The rapid response should be sufficient to allow a fully automated closed-loop insulin delivery system to be developed based on the subcutaneous sensing site...
- Closed-loop insulin delivery - what lies between where we are and where we are going?Garry M Steil
Medtronic MiniMed, Northridge, CA 91325, USA
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 2:353-62. 2005..Existing strategies for open-loop pump therapy are presented with the objective of defining a path to advance from the existing physician/patient determined insulin therapy to a completely automated system...
- Fully automated closed-loop insulin delivery versus semiautomated hybrid control in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes using an artificial pancreasStuart A Weinzimer
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
Diabetes Care 31:934-9. 2008..However, delays in insulin absorption associated with the subcutaneous route of delivery inevitably lead to large postprandial glucose excursions...
- Interstitial fluid glucose dynamics during insulin-induced hypoglycaemiaG M Steil
Division of Research and Development, Medtronic MiniMed, 18000 Devonshire Street, Northridge, CA 91325, USA
Diabetologia 48:1833-40. 2005..The aim of the present study was to define these relationships during hypoglycaemia in a well-equilibrated system with no smoothing...
- Metabolic modelling and the closed-loop insulin delivery problemGarry Steil
Medtronic MiniMed, Northridge, CA 91325, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 74:S183-6. 2006..This approach is contrasted with traditional control systems engineering...
- Feasibility of automating insulin delivery for the treatment of type 1 diabetesGarry M Steil
Medtronic MiniMed, 18000 Devonshire St, Northridge, CA 91325, USA
Diabetes 55:3344-50. 2006..There were no episodes of severe hypoglycemia. The data provide proof of concept that glycemic control can be achieved by a completely automated external closed-loop insulin delivery system...
- Modeling beta-cell insulin secretion--implications for closed-loop glucose homeostasisGarry M Steil
Medtronic MiniMed, Inc, Northridge, California 91325, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 5:953-64. 2003..However, the PID model could maintain fasting euglycemia and was more stable under closed-loop conditions, and thus is more suited for such conditions...
- Evaluation of insulin sensitivity and beta-cell function indexes obtained from minimal model analysis of a meal tolerance testGarry M Steil
Medtronic MiniMed, 18000 Devonshire Street, Northridge, CA 91325, USA
Diabetes 53:1201-7. 2004..In conclusion, insulin sensitivity and beta-cell indexes derived from a meal are not analogous to those from the clamp or IVGTT. Further work is needed before these indexes can be routinely used in clinical and epidemiological studies...
- Modeling insulin action for development of a closed-loop artificial pancreasG M Steil
Medtronic MiniMed, Northridge, California 91325, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 7:94-108. 2005..While no consensus model is proposed, relevant issues needing to be addressed are highlighted...
- Closed-loop insulin delivery-the path to physiological glucose controlG M Steil
Medtronic MiniMed Department, Sensor R and D, 18000 Devonshire St, Northridge, CA 91325 1219, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 56:125-44. 2004..Experimental closed-loop data employing intravenous and subcutaneous glucose sensors and implanted and external insulin pumps (Medtronic MiniMed, Northridge CA) are presented...
- Can interstitial glucose assessment replace blood glucose measurements?K Rebrin
MiniMed, Inc, Sylmar, California 91342, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 2:461-72. 2000..We conclude that the differences between plasma and ISF glucose will not be a significant obstacle in advancing the use of ISF as an alternative to blood glucose measurements...
- Evaluation of the effect of gain on the meal response of an automated closed-loop insulin delivery systemAntonios E Panteleon
Medtronic MiniMed, 18000 Devonshire Rd, Northridge, CA 91325, USA
Diabetes 55:1995-2000. 2006..1 +/- 0.6, 9.6 +/- 1.0, and 8.5 +/- 0.6 mmol/l, respectively; P < 0.05). The data demonstrate that closed-loop insulin delivery using the subcutaneous site can provide stable glycemic control within a range of gain...
- The role of the independent variable to glucose sensor calibrationAntonios E Panteleon
Medtronic MiniMed, Inc, Northridge, California, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 5:401-10. 2003....
- Effect of puberty on the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties of insulin pump therapy in youth with type 1 diabetesKarena L Swan
Section of Pediatric Endocrinology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Diabetes Care 31:44-6. 2008