J J Wynn
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Living-related kidney donationJ J Wynn
Departments of Surgery and Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
J Med Assoc Ga 87:109-11. 1998..Living donation has been implemented in extra-renal transplantation more recently. While the experience is limited so far, living donation is likely to remain an important option for liver and lung recipients...
- Increasing organ donation and transplantation: the U.S. experience over the past decadeJames J Wynn
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Transpl Int 24:324-32. 2011..Despite these initiatives, the disparity between organ demand and supply has continued to grow, primarily as a result of marked increase in the number of candidates awaiting kidney transplantation...
- Kidney and pancreas transplantationJames J Wynn
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Am J Transplant 4:72-80. 2004..This decline may be due to competition for organs from increasing numbers of isolated pancreas and islet transplants...
- Determinants of discard of expanded criteria donor kidneys: impact of biopsy and machine perfusionR S Sung
Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients, Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Transplant 8:783-92. 2008..59, p < 0.0001) but not graft failure (RR = 0.9, p = 0.27). Biopsy findings and machine perfusion are important correlates of ECD kidney discard; corresponding associations with graft failure require further study...
- Arterial revascularization for upper extremity ischemia in patients with chronic kidney diseaseJeremy A Warren
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Am Surg 75:848-52. 2009..Patients with renal failure with symptomatic upper extremity arterial occlusion should be considered for revascularization of the infrabrachial arteries...
- Cost-benefit analysis of a clinical pharmacist-managed medication assistance program in a renal transplant clinicM A Chisholm
University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, Augusta, USA
Clin Transplant 14:304-7. 2000....
- Influence of arterial elasticity and vessel dilatation on arteriovenous fistula maturation: a prospective cohort studyMufaddal F Kheda
Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:525-31. 2010..This pilot study tested two hypotheses: that low arterial elasticity is associated with maturation failure, and that vessel dilatation is required for adequate fistula blood flow during dialysis...
- Survival of mandatorily shared cadaveric kidneys and their paybacks in the zero mismatch eraMark D Stegall
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Transplantation 74:670-5. 2002..To address these concerns, we analyzed the effects of this system on graft survival, cold ischemia time, and the transplantation of highly sensitized patients during the 0-MM era...
- Kidney and pancreas transplantationRobert S Gaston
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Am J Transplant 3:64-77. 2003
- Managing the enlarging waiting listFrancis L Delmonico
Am J Transplant 2:889-90. 2002
- Early mortality rates in older kidney recipients with comorbid risk factorsH Myron Kauffman
Research Department, United Network for Organ Sharing, Richmond, VA, USA
Transplantation 83:404-10. 2007..National data have not previously been used to evaluate the association of comorbidities with mortality in older patients...
- Effect of changing the priority for HLA matching on the rates and outcomes of kidney transplantation in minority groupsJohn P Roberts
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0780, USA
N Engl J Med 350:545-51. 2004..We hypothesized that changing this allocation policy would affect graft survival and the racial balance among transplant recipients...
- The report of a national conference on the wait list for kidney transplantationRobert S Gaston
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Transplant 3:775-85. 2003..Each work group outlined problems and potential remedies within each area. This report summarized the issues and recommendations regarding the waiting list for kidney transplantation addressed in the Philadelphia meeting...
- Expanded criteria donors for kidney transplantationRobert A Metzger
TransLife Florida Hospital Medical Center, Orlando, FL, USA
Am J Transplant 3:114-25. 2003