- Generalised cranial artery spasm in human rabiesR E Willoughby
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1997, USA
Dev Biol (Basel) 131:367-75. 2008..Spasm responded to drugs directed at the NOS pathway. Animal models for treatment of rabies are sorely needed to evaluate therapy...
- Rabies: Rare Human Infection - Common QuestionsRodney E Willoughby
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, C450, PO Box 1997, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1997, USA Electronic address
Infect Dis Clin North Am 29:637-50. 2015..Laboratory diagnosis is cumbersome but sensitive. Treatment is controversial but survivors are increasingly reported, with good outcomes in 4 of 8 survivors. ..
- Severe osteomyelitis caused by Myceliophthora thermophila after a pitchfork injuryLauren Destino
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, USA
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 5:21. 2006..Traumatic injuries occurring in agricultural settings are often associated with infections caused by unusual organisms. Such agents may be difficult to isolate, identify, and treat effectively...
- Tetrahydrobiopterin deficiency in human rabiesR E Willoughby
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 32:65-72. 2009..This work must be carefully replicated in animal models and future patients. We are cautiously optimistic at the prospect of readily available, metabolically specific, enteral therapy for rabies...
- "Early death" and the contraindication of vaccine during treatment of rabiesRodney E Willoughby
Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1997, USA
Vaccine 27:7173-7. 2009..There may be a deleterious interaction of rabies vaccine and RIG with bat rabies in humans. Animal studies of bat rabies virus with bat-origin vaccines and RIG are urgently needed...