Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Molecular and immunohistochemical analyses of the focal form of congenital hyperinsulinismMariko Suchi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mod Pathol 19:122-9. 2006..The combined results from the immunohistochemical and molecular methods indicate that maternal 11p15 loss together with paternal K(ATP) mutation is the predominant causative mechanism of focal hyperinsulinism...
- Congenital hyperinsulinism: intraoperative biopsy interpretation can direct the extent of pancreatectomyMariko Suchi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 5203 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1326-35. 2004..However, a small number of cases with unusual histology warrant caution when performing frozen section evaluation...
- Histopathology of congenital hyperinsulinism: retrospective study with genotype correlationsMariko Suchi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 6:322-33. 2003..We conclude from this study that nearly 90% of HI cases can be classified into either a diffuse or a focal form. However, a small percentage of cases represented a diagnostic challenge...
- Diagnosis and localization of focal congenital hyperinsulinism by 18F-fluorodopa PET scanOlga T Hardy
Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Pediatr 150:140-5. 2007..To assess the accuracy of 18F-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine ([18F]-DOPA) PET scans to diagnose focal versus diffuse disease and to localize focal lesions in infants with congenital hyperinsulinism...
- Extremes of clinical and enzymatic phenotypes in children with hyperinsulinism caused by glucokinase activating mutationsSamir Sayed
Clinical Translational Research Center, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 58:1419-27. 2009..We report three children with de novo glucokinase hyperinsulinism mutations who displayed a spectrum of clinical phenotypes corresponding to marked differences in enzyme kinetics...
- Preoperative evaluation of infants with focal or diffuse congenital hyperinsulinism by intravenous acute insulin response tests and selective pancreatic arterial calcium stimulationCharles A Stanley
Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:288-96. 2004..The combination of ASVS, careful intraoperative histologic analysis, and surgical expertise succeeded in correcting hypoglycemia in 86% of the infants with focal hyperinsulinism...