S C Sonne
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Development and pilot testing of a video-assisted informed consent processSusan C Sonne
Medical University of South Carolina, 171 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA Electronic address
Contemp Clin Trials 36:25-31. 2013..Additional testing of video consents for complex protocols and with subjects of lower literacy is warranted. ..
- Practical considerations for estimating clinical trial accrual periods: application to a multi-center effectiveness studyRickey E Carter
Department of Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Epidemiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 5:11. 2005..Adequate participant recruitment is vital to the conduct of a clinical trial. Projected recruitment rates are often over-estimated, and the time to recruit the target population (accrual period) is often under-estimated...
- Diagnosis of personality disorders in cocaine-dependent individualsS C Sonne
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425 0742, USA
Am J Addict 7:1-6. 1998..Personality disorders appear to be common in cocaine-dependent individuals but may be affected by cocaine use and withdrawal...
- Substance abuse and bipolar comorbidityS C Sonne
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 22:609-27, ix. 1999..This article discusses the very important comorbidity of bipolar disorder as it is complicated by substance abuse, focusing on the prevalence, course, diagnostic considerations and treatment...
- The relationship between depression and smoking cessation outcomes in treatment-seeking substance abusersSusan C Sonne
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Am J Addict 19:111-8. 2010..These data suggest that evaluation and treatment of depressive symptoms may play an important role in improving smoking cessation outcomes. (Am J Addict 2010;00:1-8)...
- Oral nutritional supplementation for the alcoholic patient: a brief overviewJ S Markowitz
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 12:153-8. 2000..The present paper reviews basic nutrient deficits commonly encountered in alcoholic individuals and describes the rationale and basic guidelines for oral replacement therapy...
- Alcohol and substance abuseA L McRae
Center for Drug and Alcohol Programs, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Med Clin North Am 85:779-801. 2001..A growing body of evidence indicates that the treatment of substance use disorders can be effective, making early diagnosis and treatment or referral increasingly important...
- Paroxetine for social anxiety and alcohol use in dual-diagnosed patientsC L Randall
Alcohol Research Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Depress Anxiety 14:255-62. 2001..Further study is warranted to investigate its utility in helping affected individuals reduce alcohol use...