U J Schoepf
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Renker M, Schoepf U, Wang R, Meinel F, Rier J, Bayer R, et al. Comparison of diagnostic value of a novel noninvasive coronary computed tomography angiography method versus standard coronary angiography for assessing fractional flow reserve. Am J Cardiol. 2014;114:1303-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the CT-based FFR algorithm evaluated here outperforms standard evaluation of cCTA for the detection of hemodynamically significant stenoses while allowing on-site application within clinically viable time frames. ..
- Renker M, Baumann S, Rier J, Ebersberger U, Fuller S, Batalis N, et al. Imaging coronary artery disease and the myocardial ischemic cascade: clinical principles and scope. Radiol Clin North Am. 2015;53:261-9 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the ischemic cascade, atherosclerosis, coronary remodeling, plaque morphology, and their relationship to clinical syndromes is essential in determining which diagnostic modalities are useful in clinical practice. ..
- Albrecht M, De Cecco C, Schoepf U, Spandorfer A, Eid M, De Santis D, et al. Dual-energy CT of the heart current and future status. Eur J Radiol. 2018;105:110-118 pubmed publisher..This review article will summarize the major applications utilizing DECT in diagnosis of cardiovascular disease, including both the clinically used and investigational techniques examined to date. ..
- De Santis D, Caruso D, Schoepf U, Eid M, Albrecht M, Duguay T, et al. Contrast media injection protocol optimization for dual-energy coronary CT angiography: results from a circulation phantom. Eur Radiol. 2018;28:3473-3481 pubmed publisher..Low-keV noise-optimized monoenergetic images (VMI+) maximize iodine attenuation. • Low-keV VMI+ allows for lower IDRs while maintaining adequate coronary attenuation. • Lowest IDR to reach 300 HU was 0.4 gI/s, 40 keV VMI+. ..
- Bucher A, Wichmann J, Schoepf U, Wolla C, Canstein C, McQuiston A, et al. Quantitative evaluation of beam-hardening artefact correction in dual-energy CT myocardial perfusion imaging. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:3215-22 pubmed publisher..Beam-hardening correction homogenized and decreased mean myocardial attenuation. â€¢ BHC can help avoid false-positive findings and increase specificity of static CTMPI. ..
- Lee Y, Bastarrika G, Schoepf U. Intra-atrial course of the right coronary artery demonstrated at computed tomography coronary angiography. J Thorac Imaging. 2010;25:W115-7 pubmed publisher..We present a case of intra-atrial course of the right coronary artery noninvasively diagnosed by dual-source computed tomography coronary angiography. ..
- Mangold S, CannaÃ³ P, Schoepf U, Wichmann J, Canstein C, Fuller S, et al. Impact of an advanced image-based monoenergetic reconstruction algorithm on coronary stent visualization using third generation dual-source dual-energy CT: a phantom study. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:1871-8 pubmed publisher..0Â mm. â€¢ Application of high keV reconstructions significantly improves in-stent lumen visualization. â€¢ DECT acquisition resulted inÂ 49 % radiation dose reduction compared with 120Â kV SE. ..
- Meinel F, Nance J, Schoepf U, Hoffmann V, Thierfelder K, Costello P, et al. Predictive Value of Computed Tomography in Acute Pulmonary Embolism: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Am J Med. 2015;128:747-59.e2 pubmed publisher..Across all end points, the RV/LV diameter ratio on transverse CT sections has the strongest predictive value and most robust evidence base for adverse clinical outcomes in patients with acute pulmonary embolism. ..
- Bucher A, Joseph Schoepf U, Krazinski A, Silverman J, Spearman J, De Cecco C, et al. Influence of technical parameters on epicardial fat volume quantification at cardiac CT. Eur J Radiol. 2015;84:1062-7 pubmed publisher..6%. Measured EATV can differ substantially between contrast enhanced and non-contrast CT studies, which can be reconciled by threshold modification. Heart cycle phase does not significantly influence EATV measurements. ..
- Renker M, Varga Szemes A, Schoepf U, Baumann S, Piccini D, Zenge M, et al. A non-contrast self-navigated 3-dimensional MR technique for aortic root and vascular access route assessment in the context of transcatheter aortic valve replacement: proof of concept. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:951-8 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of renal failure is high among TAVR candidates. â€¢ Non-contrast 3D MR angiography allows for TAVR procedure planning. â€¢ The self-navigated sequence provides a significantly reduced scanning time. ..
- Newallo D, Meinel F, Schoepf U, Baumann S, De Cecco C, Leddy R, et al. Mammographic detection of breast arterial calcification as an independent predictor of coronary atherosclerotic disease in a single ethnic cohort of African American women. Atherosclerosis. 2015;242:218-21 pubmed publisher..99; CI, 3.65-27.32; P < 0.001), and stenosis â‰¥50% (OR, 5.48; CI, 1.97-15.23; P = 0.001) by CCT. In AA women, BAC is associated with increased probability of coronary calcification, atherosclerosis, and CAD on CCT. ..
- Wang R, Baumann S, Schoepf U, Meinel F, Rier J, Morris J, et al. Comparison of quantitative stenosis characteristics at routine coronary computed tomography angiography with invasive fractional flow reserve for assessing lesion-specific ischemia. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2015;9:546-52 pubmed publisher..021, P = 0.001). Moreover, LL/MLD(4) compared favorably to visual cCTA evaluation. LL/MLD(4) derived from routine cCTA can enhance the detection of lesion-specific ischemia and may be superior to other described quantitative parameters. ..
- Mangold S, Wichmann J, Schoepf U, Litwin S, Canstein C, Varga Szemes A, et al. Coronary CT angiography in obese patients using 3(rd) generation dual-source CT: effect of body mass index on image quality. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:2937-46 pubmed publisher..120-kV tube voltage allows diagnostic image quality in patients with BMIâ€‰>â€‰40Â kg/m (2) . â€¢ 80-ml contrast medium can be administered without significant decline in vascular attenuation. ..
- Geyer L, De Cecco C, Schoepf U, Silverman J, Krazinski A, Bamberg F, et al. Low-volume contrast medium protocol for comprehensive cardiac and aortoiliac CT assessment in the context of transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Acad Radiol. 2015;22:1138-46 pubmed publisher..Subjective image quality was equivalent. In multimorbid TAVR patients, the performance of a combined CT protocol using a single low-volume CM bolus is feasible with maintained image quality compared to a standard protocol. ..
- Wang R, Renker M, Schoepf U, Wichmann J, Fuller S, Rier J, et al. Diagnostic value of quantitative stenosis predictors with coronary CT angiography compared to invasive fractional flow reserve. Eur J Radiol. 2015;84:1509-1515 pubmed publisher..CT-FFR, LL/MLD(4) and CCO provide enhanced diagnostic performance over CCTA analysis alone for discrimination of hemodynamically significant coronary stenosis. ..
- Baumann S, Renker M, Meinel F, Wichmann J, Fuller S, Bayer R, et al. Computed tomography imaging of coronary artery plaque: characterization and prognosis. Radiol Clin North Am. 2015;53:307-15 pubmed publisher..Quantification and qualification of these plaques may enhance the ability to predict future cardiovascular events. ..
- McQuiston A, Muscogiuri G, Schoepf U, Meinel F, Canstein C, Varga Szemes A, et al. Approaches to ultra-low radiation dose coronary artery calcium scoring based on 3rd generation dual-source CT: A phantom study. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:39-47 pubmed publisher..Tin filtered 100 kV scanning may allow accurate quantification of calcium score without correction of the HU threshold. ..
- Albrecht M, Bickford M, Schoepf U, Tesche C, De Santis D, Eid M, et al. Beam-hardening in 70-kV Coronary CT angiography: Artifact reduction using an advanced post-processing algorithm. Eur J Radiol. 2018;101:111-117 pubmed publisher..217). The iBHC post-processing algorithm leads to significantly reduced beam-hardening while providing improved objective and equivalent subjective image quality in 70-kV cCTA. ..
- Apfaltrer G, Albrecht M, Schoepf U, Duguay T, De Cecco C, Nance J, et al. High-pitch low-voltage CT coronary artery calcium scoring with tin filtration: accuracy and radiation dose reduction. Eur Radiol. 2018;28:3097-3104 pubmed publisher..Excellent agreement regarding Agatston score categories and percentile-based risk categorization was achieved. • No cardiac risk reclassifications were observed using Sn100kVp coronary artery calcium scoring. ..
- Meinel F, Wichmann J, Schoepf U, Pugliese F, Ebersberger U, Lo G, et al. Global quantification of left ventricular myocardial perfusion at dynamic CT imaging: Prognostic value. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017;11:16-24 pubmed publisher..Global quantification of left ventricular MBF at stress dynamic CTMPI may have incremental predictive value for future MACE over clinical risk factors and assessment of stenosis at coronary CTA. ..
- Pelgrim G, Nieuwenhuis E, Duguay T, van der Geest R, Varga Szemes A, Slump C, et al. Optimal timing of image acquisition for arterial first pass CT myocardial perfusion imaging. Eur J Radiol. 2017;86:227-233 pubmed publisher..6±3.8s. This time window can be utilized by a test bolus or bolus tracking in the AA or AD using the time delays identified here. ..
- Tesche C, Plank F, De Cecco C, Duguay T, Albrecht M, Varga Szemes A, et al. Prognostic implications of coronary CT angiography-derived quantitative markers for the prediction of major adverse cardiac events. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:458-465 pubmed publisher..A combination of markers added to the Framingham risk score has the highest predictive power. ..
- Felmly L, De Cecco C, Schoepf U, Varga Szemes A, Mangold S, McQuiston A, et al. Low contrast medium-volume third-generation dual-source computed tomography angiography for transcatheter aortic valve replacement planning. Eur Radiol. 2017;27:1944-1953 pubmed publisher..TAVR-planning CT did not result in changes in creatinine levels at follow-up. • TAVR candidates can be safely evaluated by comprehensive low-tube-voltage CT angiography. ..
- Caruso D, Parinella A, Schoepf U, Stroebel M, Mangold S, Wichmann J, et al. Optimization of window settings for standard and advanced virtual monoenergetic imaging in abdominal dual-energy CT angiography. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2017;42:772-780 pubmed publisher..04). In order to optimize virtual monoenergetic imaging with both traditional M70 and advanced M40+, adjusting the W/L settings is necessary. Our results suggest a W/L setting of 850/270 for M70 and 1350/430 for M40+. ..
- Tesche C, De Cecco C, Vliegenthart R, Duguay T, Stubenrauch A, Rosenberg R, et al. Coronary CT angiography-derived quantitative markers for predicting in-stent restenosis. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:377-83 pubmed publisher..89, p < 0.0001) with sensitivity and specificity of 90% and 84%, respectively. Coronary CTA-derived NCPV, LL, and RI portend predictive value for ISR with incremental predictive value when combining these parameters. ..
- Caruso D, Rosenberg R, De Cecco C, Mangold S, Wichmann J, Varga Szemes A, et al. Vascular Imaging Before Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR): Why and How?. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2016;18:14 pubmed publisher..g., when the administration of contrast media is contraindicated. ..
- Wichmann J, Meinel F, Schoepf U, Varga Szemes A, Muscogiuri G, CannaÃ² P, et al. Semiautomated Global Quantification of Left Ventricular Myocardial Perfusion at Stress Dynamic CT:: Diagnostic Accuracy for Detection of Territorial Myocardial Perfusion Deficits Compared to Visual Assessment. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:429-37 pubmed publisher
- Mangold S, De Cecco C, Schoepf U, Yamada R, Varga Szemes A, Stubenrauch A, et al. A noise-optimized virtual monochromatic reconstruction algorithm improves stent visualization and diagnostic accuracy for detection of in-stent re-stenosis in lower extremity run-off CT angiography. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:4380-4389 pubmed..At 80Â keV diagnostic performance for detection of in-stent restenosis was increased. â€¢ 80Â keV virtual monochromatic images are recommended for stent evaluation of lower extremity vasculature. ..
- Tesche C, De Cecco C, Caruso D, Baumann S, Renker M, Mangold S, et al. Coronary CT angiography derived morphological and functional quantitative plaque markers correlated with invasive fractional flow reserve for detecting hemodynamically significant stenosis. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:199-206 pubmed publisher..TPV, NCPV, CCO, and cFFR derived from CCTA can aid detecting hemodynamically significant coronary lesions with cFFR showing the greatest discriminatory ability. ..
- Cury R, Abbara S, Achenbach S, Agatston A, Berman D, Budoff M, et al. CAD-RADS™: Coronary Artery Disease - Reporting and Data System: An Expert Consensus Document of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the North American Society for Cardiovascular Imagin. J Am Coll Radiol. 2016;13:1458-1466.e9 pubmed publisher..In addition, CAD-RADS will provide a framework of standardization that may benefit education, research, peer-review and quality assurance with the potential to ultimately result in improved quality of care. ..
- Meinel F, Huda W, Schoepf U, Rao A, Cho Y, Baker G, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of CT angiography in infants with tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia and major aortopulmonary collateral arteries. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2013;7:367-75 pubmed publisher..Preoperative diagnostic catheterization, therefore, may only be necessary in select patients with small MAPCAs in whom the precise assessment of central pulmonary arteries is required for surgical planning. ..
- Mangold S, Wichmann J, Schoepf U, Poole Z, Canstein C, Varga Szemes A, et al. Automated tube voltage selection for radiation dose and contrast medium reduction at coronary CT angiography using 3(rd) generation dual-source CT. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:3608-16 pubmed publisher..Image quality was maintained while radiation exposure was significantly decreased. â€¢ A moderate association between tube voltage and body mass index was found. ..
- Takx R, Henzler T, Schoepf U, Germann T, Schoenberg S, Shirinova A, et al. Predictive value of perfusion defects on dual energy CTA in the absence of thromboembolic clots. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017;11:183-187 pubmed publisher..67 for the combination of PDvol and RV/LV ratio. PDvol remained a significant predictor after correcting for age. In the absence of thromboembolic clots, PDvol at DE-CTA appears to be predictive for all cause mortality. ..
- Takx R, Vliegenthart R, Schoepf U, Pilz L, Schoenberg S, Morris P, et al. Coronary artery calcium in breast cancer survivors after radiation therapy. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;33:1425-1431 pubmed publisher..Our results thus do not support radiation-induced accelerated coronary artery disease as an explanation for higher rates of heart disease in this group. ..
- De Cecco C, Muscogiuri G, Schoepf U, Caruso D, Wichmann J, Cannaò P, et al. Virtual unenhanced imaging of the liver with third-generation dual-source dual-energy CT and advanced modeled iterative reconstruction. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1257-64 pubmed publisher..9%±1.1% (p<0.01). Third-generation DSCT VU images of the liver provide diagnostic image quality and improve small (?1cm) liver lesion detection; however calcified liver lesions can be missed due to complete subtraction. ..
- Varga Szemes A, Wichmann J, Schoepf U, SURANYI P, De Cecco C, Muscogiuri G, et al. Accuracy of Noncontrast Quiescent-Interval Single-Shot Lower Extremity MR Angiography Versus CT Angiography for Diagnosis of Peripheral Artery Disease: Comparison With Digital Subtraction Angiography. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10:1116-1124 pubmed publisher..QISS better visualizes heavily calcified segments with impaired flow. QISS-MRA obviates the need for contrast administration in PAD patients. ..
- Mangold S, Wichmann J, Schoepf U, Caruso D, Tesche C, Steinberg D, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of coronary CT angiography using 3rd-generation dual-source CT and automated tube voltage selection: Clinical application in a non-obese and obese patient population. Eur Radiol. 2017;27:2298-2308 pubmed publisher..lt;120 kV studies were performed in 44 % of obese patients. • Current radiation dose-saving approaches can be applied independent of body habitus. ..
- Caruso D, De Santis D, Schoepf U, Zerunian M, Eid M, Varga Szemes A, et al. CT myocardial perfusion: state of the science. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2017;65:252-264 pubmed publisher..This review will describe the current knowledge in CT-MPI, including the varying techniques as well as a summary of the current literature. ..
- Mangold S, De Cecco C, Schoepf U, Kuhlman T, Varga Szemes A, Caruso D, et al. CT angiography for planning transcatheter aortic valve replacement using automated tube voltage selection: Image quality and radiation exposure. Eur J Radiol. 2017;86:276-283 pubmed publisher..No severe cardiac or vascular complications were noted. 3rd generation DSCT provides diagnostic image quality in TAVR-planning CTA and facilitates reliable assessment of TAVR device and delivery option while reducing radiation dose. ..
- Caruso D, Eid M, Schoepf U, Jin K, Varga Szemes A, Tesche C, et al. Dynamic CT myocardial perfusion imaging. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1893-1899 pubmed publisher..This review aims to discuss dynamic CT myocardial perfusion as a new technique in the assessment of CAD. ..
- Schlett C, Nance J, Schoepf U, O Brien T, Ebersberger U, Headden G, et al. Differences in coronary artery disease by CT angiography between patients developing unstable angina pectoris vs. major adverse cardiac events. Eur J Radiol. 2014;83:1113-1119 pubmed publisher..These findings remained after adjustments for potential confounders. The extent of mixed coronary plaque is different between patients who develop UAP vs. MACE, supporting the hypothesis that it is a more culprit morphology. ..
- Sui X, Meinel F, Song W, Xu X, Wang Z, Wang Y, et al. Detection and size measurements of pulmonary nodules in ultra-low-dose CT with iterative reconstruction compared to low dose CT. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:564-70 pubmed publisher..Ultra-low-dose CT with iterative reconstruction has high sensitivity for lung nodule detection without significant difference in nodule size and volume measurement compared to LDCT. ..
- Gassenmaier S, van der Geest R, Schoepf U, SURANYI P, Rehwald W, De Cecco C, et al. Quantitative inversion time prescription for myocardial late gadolinium enhancement using T1-mapping-based synthetic inversion recovery imaging: reducing subjectivity in the estimation of inversion time. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018;34:921-929 pubmed publisher..IRsynth improves TI0 selection by providing excellent visualization of the representative image contrast for LGE images, reducing operator dependence in LGE acquisition. ..
- Albrecht M, Bodelle B, Varga Szemes A, Dewes P, Bucher A, Ball B, et al. Intra-individual comparison of CAIPIRINHA VIBE technique with conventional VIBE sequences in contrast-enhanced MRI of focal liver lesions. Eur J Radiol. 2017;86:20-25 pubmed publisher..Additionally, this technique allows for higher inter-observer agreement when reporting focal liver lesions for both dignity and allocation. ..
- Jin K, De Cecco C, Caruso D, Tesche C, Spandorfer A, Varga Szemes A, et al. Myocardial perfusion imaging with dual energy CT. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1914-1921 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to present currently available DECT techniques for static myocardial perfusion imaging and recent clinical applications and ongoing investigations. ..
- Tesche C, De Cecco C, Stubenrauch A, Jacobs B, Varga Szemes A, Litwin S, et al. Correlation and predictive value of aortic root calcification markers with coronary artery calcification and obstructive coronary artery disease. Radiol Med. 2017;122:113-120 pubmed publisher..Further testing is required in patients with severe ARC and significant CAD in order to reliably obtain these markers from thoracic-CT or X-ray for proper risk classification. ..
- Wichmann J, Hardie A, Schoepf U, Felmly L, Perry J, Varga Szemes A, et al. Single- and dual-energy CT of the abdomen: comparison of radiation dose and image quality of 2nd and 3rd generation dual-source CT. Eur Radiol. 2017;27:642-650 pubmed publisher..Dose-independent figure-of-merit image contrast was highest with third-generation dual-energy DSCT. • Third-generation DSCT shows improved dose efficiency for SECT and DECT. ..
- De Cecco C, Caruso D, Schoepf U, De Santis D, Muscogiuri G, Albrecht M, et al. A noise-optimized virtual monoenergetic reconstruction algorithm improves the diagnostic accuracy of late hepatic arterial phase dual-energy CT for the detection of hypervascular liver lesions. Eur Radiol. 2018;28:3393-3404 pubmed publisher..VMI+ provides superior image quality compared with VMI or M_0.6. • 50-keV_VMI+ provides higher accuracy for the detection of hypervascular liver lesions < 1cm. ..
- Cury R, Abbara S, Achenbach S, Agatston A, Berman D, Budoff M, et al. CAD-RADS(TM) Coronary Artery Disease - Reporting and Data System. An expert consensus document of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the North American Society for Cardiovascular Imag. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:269-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, CAD-RADS will provide a framework of standardization that may benefit education, research, peer-review and quality assurance with the potential to ultimately result in improved quality of care. ..
- Mangold S, De Cecco C, Wichmann J, Canstein C, Varga Szemes A, Caruso D, et al. Effect of automated tube voltage selection, integrated circuit detector and advanced iterative reconstruction on radiation dose and image quality of 3rd generation dual-source aortic CT angiography: An intra-individual comparison. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:972-8 pubmed publisher
- Vliegenthart R, De Cecco C, Wichmann J, Meinel F, Pelgrim G, Tesche C, et al. Dynamic CT myocardial perfusion imaging identifies early perfusion abnormalities in diabetes and hypertension: Insights from a multicenter registry. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:301-8 pubmed publisher..With further standardization, absolute perfusion measures may improve CAD risk stratification in patients without visual perfusion defects. ..
- Tesche C, Caruso D, De Cecco C, Shuler D, Rames J, Albrecht M, et al. Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography-Derived Plaque Quantification in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:712-718 pubmed publisher..88, p <0.0001). cCTA-derived culprit plaque markers show discriminatory value both on a per-patient and per-lesion level. A combination of markers added to the Framingham risk score yields the greatest discriminatory ability. ..
- Takx R, Celeng C, Schoepf U. CT myocardial perfusion imaging: ready for prime time?. Eur Radiol. 2018;28:1253-1256 pubmed publisher..CT-MPI adds incremental prognostic value over CCTA for major adverse cardiac events. • CT-MPI correlates with 15 O-H 2 O PET. • CT-MPI/CCTA shows high overall patient satisfaction. ..
- Duguay T, Tesche C, Vliegenthart R, De Cecco C, Lin H, Albrecht M, et al. Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography-Derived Fractional Flow Reserve Based on Machine Learning for Risk Stratification of Non-Culprit Coronary Narrowings in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1260-1266 pubmed publisher..78) showed incremental discriminatory power over FRS alone (area under the curve 0.66, p?=?0.032). CT-FFR of non-culprit lesions in patients with ACS and multivessel disease adds prognostic value to identify risk of future MACE. ..
- Tesche C, De Cecco C, Schoepf U, Duguay T, Albrecht M, Caruso D, et al. Iterative beam-hardening correction with advanced modeled iterative reconstruction in low voltage CT coronary calcium scoring with tin filtration: Impact on coronary artery calcium quantification and image quality. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017;11:354-359 pubmed publisher..However, it also reduced Agatston scores compared to FBP, which may have an impact on subsequent cardiac risk classification, although risk reclassification occurred only in a modest number of subjects. ..
- Albrecht M, Nance J, Schoepf U, Jacobs B, Bayer R, Litwin S, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of low and high tube voltage coronary CT angiography using an X-ray tube potential-tailored contrast medium injection protocol. Eur Radiol. 2018;28:2134-2142 pubmed publisher..Image quality is similar for low- and high-kVp CCTA. • Low-kVp image acquisition is facilitated by automated tube voltage selection. • Tailoring contrast injection protocols to the automatically selected kVp-level is feasible. ..
- Tesche C, Vliegenthart R, Duguay T, De Cecco C, Albrecht M, De Santis D, et al. Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography-Derived Fractional Flow Reserve for Therapeutic Decision Making. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:2121-2127 pubmed publisher..cCTA-CT-FFR as a noninvasive "one-stop shop" has the potential to change diagnostic workflows and to directly inform therapeutic decision making in patients with suspected CAD...
- Baumann S, Renker M, Hetjens S, Fuller S, Becher T, Loßnitzer D, et al. Comparison of Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography-Derived vs Invasive Fractional Flow Reserve Assessment: Meta-Analysis with Subgroup Evaluation of Intermediate Stenosis. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:1402-1411 pubmed publisher..88] vs 0.57 [95% CI: 0.49-0.66]; P?=?.0027). CT-FFR significantly improves specificity without noticeably altering the sensitivity of cCTA with invasive FFR as a reference standard for the detection of hemodynamically relevant stenosis. ..
- Caruso D, De Cecco C, Schoepf U, Felmly L, Varga Szemes A, Mangold S, et al. Correction Factors for CT Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring Using Advanced Modeled Iterative Reconstruction Instead of Filtered Back Projection. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:1480-1489 pubmed publisher..91). ADM3 can be applied to CAC scoring with use of a correction factor. When applying a correction factor of 1.14, excellent agreement with standard FBP for both CAC score and VOL can be achieved. ..
- Albrecht M, Varga Szemes A, Schoepf U, Apfaltrer G, Xu J, Jin K, et al. Coronary artery assessment using self-navigated free-breathing radial whole-heart magnetic resonance angiography in patients with congenital heart disease. Eur Radiol. 2018;28:1267-1275 pubmed publisher..Visualisation of CA side branches using SNFB3D-MRA is limited. • SNFB3D-MRA image quality is especially correlated to cardiac motion freezing ability. ..
- Solecki M, Kruk M, Demkow M, Schoepf U, Reynolds M, Wardziak Ł, et al. What is the optimal anatomic location for coronary artery pressure measurement at CT-derived FFR?. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017;11:397-403 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the best agreement of CT-FFR with the reference CMR perfusion study is provided when CT-FFR values are computed at 41 mm or 10.9 times the proximal reference diameter distal to the MLA. ..