Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Neural correlates of high and craving during cocaine self-administration using BOLD fMRIRobert C Risinger
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuroimage 26:1097-108. 2005..This study provides the first evidence in humans that changes in subjective state surrounding cocaine self-administration reflect neural activity of the endogenous reward system...
- Expectation modulates human brain responses to acute cocaine: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyPeter Kufahl
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:222-30. 2008..However, their neurophysiological mechanisms are not clear. This study investigates how cocaine expectation modulates human brain responses to acute cocaine administration...
- Levo-tetrahydropalmatine attenuates cocaine self-administration and cocaine-induced reinstatement in ratsJohn R Mantsch
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Marquette University, Schroeder Health Complex, P O Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 192:581-91. 2007..Accordingly, l-THP has been reported to reduce heroin craving and relapse in recovering addicts...
- Peripheral blood pressure changes induced by dobutamine do not alter BOLD signals in the human brainHeng Liu
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuroimage 30:745-52. 2006....
- Neural responses to acute cocaine administration in the human brain detected by fMRIPeter R Kufahl
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuroimage 28:904-14. 2005..It is suggested that the dopaminergic pathways and the hierarchical brain networks may participate in mediating cocaine reward processes, associative learning, motivation, and memory in cocaine addiction in the human brain...
- Chronic lithium administration enhances noradrenergic responses to intravenous administration of the alpha2 antagonist idazoxan in healthy volunteersAysegul Ozerdem
Psychiatry Department, Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Izmir, Turkey
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:150-4. 2004..Alteration of regulatory mechanisms in the noradrenergic system may be relevant to understanding the clinical effects of Li+ in manic-depressive illness...