P S Pagel
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Pagel P, Boettcher B, De Vry D, Freed J, Iqbal Z. Moderate Aortic Valvular Insufficiency Invalidates Vortex Formation Time as an Index of Left Ventricular Filling Efficiency in Patients With Severe Degenerative Calcific Aortic Stenosis Undergoing Aortic Valve Replacement. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2016;30:1260-5 pubmed publisher..Moderate AI falsely elevates VFT in patients with severe AS undergoing AVR by partially inhibiting mitral valve opening. VFT may be an unreliable index of LV filling efficiency with competitive diastolic flow into the LV. ..
- Pagel P. Demographics and Scholarly Productivity of American Board of Anesthesiology Volunteers: Results of an Internet-Based Bibliometric Analysis. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2016;30:1396-403 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that ABA volunteers are leaders in anesthesiology with established records of administrative, educational, and scholarly accomplishment. ..
- Pagel P, Toller W, Gross E, Gare M, Kersten J, Warltier D. K(ATP) channels mediate the beneficial effects of chronic ethanol ingestion. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;279:H2574-9 pubmed..No differences in hemodynamics or coronary collateral blood flow (through radioactive microspheres) were observed among groups. The results indicate that K(ATP) channels mediate the protective effects of chronic consumption of ethanol...
- Pagel P, Krolikowski J, Shim Y, Venkatapuram S, Kersten J, Weihrauch D, et al. Noble gases without anesthetic properties protect myocardium against infarction by activating prosurvival signaling kinases and inhibiting mitochondrial permeability transition in vivo. Anesth Analg. 2007;105:562-9 pubmed
- Pagel P, Hudetz J. Chronic pressure-overload hypertrophy attenuates vortex formation time in patients with severe aortic stenosis and preserved left ventricular systolic function undergoing aortic valve replacement. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013;27:660-4 pubmed publisher..57 ×PWT + 6.81; r(2) = 0.345; p = 0.017). The results indicated that pressure-overload hypertrophy produced by AS reduced VFT in patients with normal LV systolic function undergoing aortic valve replacement. ..