Eni C Okonofua
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Ethnic differences in older americans: awareness, knowledge, and beliefs about hypertensionEni C Okonofua
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Am J Hypertens 18:972-9. 2005..Ethnic differences in awareness, knowledge, and beliefs about hypertension may contribute to these disparities, but information is limited...
- Therapeutic inertia is an impediment to achieving the Healthy People 2010 blood pressure control goalsEni C Okonofua
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Hypertension 47:345-51. 2006..TI has a major impact on BP control in hypertensive subjects receiving regular care. Reducing TI is critical in attaining the Healthy People 2010 goal of controlling hypertension in 50% of all patients...
- Ethnic differences in the treatment and control of hypertension in patients with diabetesJessica Flynn Riehle
Department of Biometry and Epidemiology and the Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 7:445-54. 2005..The data suggest provider prescribing patterns are not a major contributor to ethnic differences in BP control and outcomes in diabetic hypertensives...
- Platelet and white blood cell counts are elevated in patients with the metabolic syndromeAmmar Jesri
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 7:705-11; quiz 712-3. 2005....
- Cardiovascular risk factor control in communities--update from the ASH Carolinas-Georgia Chapter, the Hypertension Initiative, and the Community Physicians' NetworkBrent M Egan
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, 135 Rutledge Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 8:879-86. 2006..Evidence suggests that this collaboration is facilitating application of evidence-based medicine and risk factor control...
- Ethnic differences in blood pressure control among men at Veterans Affairs clinics and other health care sitesShakaib U Rehman
Department of Medicine, Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1041-7. 2005..The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) system, which provides access to health care and medications across ethnic and economic boundaries, may reduce disparities in BP control...