Susan D Newman
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- The plight of the Marsh Arabs, an environmental and human rights crisis: an application of complexity theorySusan Dunreath Newman
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 30:315-28. 2007..Application of a complexity model provides guidance for understanding the intricate networks of connectivity among the components of the ecological system of the marshes of Southern Iraq that is necessary for restoration efforts...
- Evidence-based advocacy: using Photovoice to identify barriers and facilitators to community participation after spinal cord injurySusan D Newman
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Rehabil Nurs 35:47-59. 2010..The results of this project illustrate that Photovoice is effective in empowering individuals with SCI to address environmental factors affecting their community participation...
- Community advisory boards in community-based participatory research: a synthesis of best processesSusan D Newman
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A70. 2011..In this article, we describe the best processes for forming, operating, and maintaining CABs for CBPR. We synthesize the literature and offer our professional experiences to guide formation, operation, and maintenance of CABs...
- Application of a CBPR framework to inform a multi-level tobacco cessation intervention in public housing neighborhoodsJeannette O Andrews
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, 99 Jonathon Lucas Street, MSC 160, Charleston, SC 29426 1600, USA
Am J Community Psychol 50:129-40. 2012..Implications include applicability of the framework with other CBPR partnerships, especially scaling up evolutionary grassroots involvement to multi-regional partnerships...
- Partnership readiness for community-based participatory researchJeannette O Andrews
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29466 1600, USA
Health Educ Res 27:555-71. 2012....
- Measurement of students' perceptions of nursing as a careerRobin E Matutina
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 42:319-29. 2010....
- Factors influencing hospital admissions and emergency department visits among children with complex chronic conditions: a qualitative study of parents' and providers' perspectivesShannon M Hudson
College of Nursing Faculty, Medical University of South Carolina College of Nursing, Charleston, SC, USA and
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 37:61-80. 2014..This article concludes with the implications of the findings for future research and nursing practice. ..
- Training partnership dyads for community-based participatory research: strategies and lessons learned from the Community Engaged Scholars ProgramJeannette O Andrews
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:524-33. 2013..Future directions are recommended for this promising and unique dyadic training of academic and community partners...
- Community-based participatory research and smoking cessation interventions: a review of the evidenceJeannette O Andrews
SCTR Center for Community Health Partnerships, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 1600, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 47:81-96. 2012..Results of the review are provided along with a comprehensive table summarizing all the included studies. Strengths and challenges of the CBPR approach are presented with recommendations for future research...
- Development and evaluation of a toolkit to assess partnership readiness for community-based participatory researchJeannette O Andrews
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 5:183-8. 2011..The toolkit has been piloted with two cohorts in the Medical University of South Carolina's (MUSC) Community Engaged Scholars (CES) Program with promising results from process and outcome evaluation data...
- Community Integration after Spinal Cord Injury: Using Photovoice to Identify BarrSusan Newman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This checklist will be utilized to inform future intervention projects and health promotion activities that facilitate the integration of individuals with SCI into the Charleston community. ..