Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Recent advances in telepsychiatry: an updated reviewJeannine Monnier
Department off Psychiatry, Medical University of South Carolina, Charlesston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1604-9. 2003..Because of this increase, the authors conducted a literature review of telepsychiatry to update a previously published review that covered the years 1970 to 2000...
- Female veterans seeking medical care at Veterans Affairs primary care clinics: psychiatric and medical illness burden and service useAnouk L Grubaugh
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, PO Box 250861, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Women Health 43:41-62. 2006....
- Trauma among female veterans: a critical reviewHeidi M Zinzow
National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, Medical University of South Carolina, SC, USA
Trauma Violence Abuse 8:384-400. 2007..Researchers also are encouraged to employ standardized definitions of trauma and to investigate new areas, such as treatment outcomes and mediators of trauma and health. Policy and practice implications are discussed...
- Racial differences in psychiatric symptom patterns and service use in VA primary care clinicsAnouk L Grubaugh
Ralph H Johnson Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:410-3. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess racial differences in psychopathology and service use in a sample of African-American and Caucasian veterans...
- Patients' reports of traumatic or harmful experiences within the psychiatric settingB Christopher Frueh
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, 29425, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1123-33. 2005....
- Telepsychiatry treatment outcome research methodology: efficacy versus effectivenessB Christopher Frueh
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Telemed J E Health 10:455-8. 2004..The current state of telepsychiatry research necessitates efficacy studies, the outcomes from which can be used to inform future effectiveness studies...
- Disability compensation seeking among veterans evaluated for posttraumatic stress disorderB Christopher Frueh
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, South Carolina 29401 5799, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:84-91. 2003..This study sought to further examine the relationship between compensation-seeking status and reporting of symptoms among combat veterans who were evaluated for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Documented combat exposure of US veterans seeking treatment for combat-related post-traumatic stress disorderB Christopher Frueh
Medical University of South Carolina, Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Br J Psychiatry 186:467-72; discussion 473-5. 2005..There are concerns regarding the validity of combat exposure reports of veterans seeking treatment for combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) within US Veterans Affairs Medical Centers...
- Service utilization among compensation-seeking veteransAnouk L Grubaugh
Medical University of South Carolina, USA
Psychiatr Q 75:333-41. 2004....
- Trauma screening in students attending a medical universityJohn R Freedy
College of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
J Am Coll Health 50:160-7. 2002..These findings suggest that screening for lifetime trauma history should be a standard part of mental health screenings in similar medical university counseling centers...
- Patients with generalized anxiety disorder and a history of trauma: somatic symptom endorsementOlga Brawman-Mintzer
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 11:212-5. 2005..These findings indicate that early exposure to serious trauma, specifically childhood sexual assault, may lead to a different clinical presentation in GAD patients...
- The relationship between distress and resource loss following rapeJeannine Monnier
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Violence Vict 17:85-91. 2002..These results suggest that distress may be an underlying mechanism for resource loss in victims of sexual assault...
- Replication and expansion of findings related to racial differences in veterans with combat-related PTSDJeannine Monnier
Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Depress Anxiety 16:64-70. 2002..These results suggest that African American and Caucasian veterans with combat-related PTSD do not differ with regard to manifestation or severity of psychopathology...
- A randomized trial of telepsychiatry for post-traumatic stress disorderB Christopher Frueh
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Telemed Telecare 13:142-7. 2007..The results provide preliminary support for the use of telepsychiatry in the treatment of PTSD to improve access to care...
- Therapist adherence and competence with manualized cognitive-behavioral therapy for PTSD delivered via videoconferencing technologyB Christopher Frueh
University of Hawai i, Hilo 96720, USA
Behav Modif 31:856-66. 2007..These data further support the use of TP to address shortages in access to mental health care...