Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Hypotension and reduced catecholamines in neuropeptide Y transgenic ratsMieczyslaw Michalkiewicz
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, PO Box 26509, Milwaukee, WI 53226 050, USA
Hypertension 41:1056-62. 2003..As indicated by the increased longevity of these rats, in long-term regulation, these buffering actions of neuropeptide Y may have important cardiovascular protective effects against sympathetic hyperexcitation...
- Transgenic rescue demonstrates involvement of the Ian5 gene in T cell development in the ratMieczyslaw Michalkiewicz
Department of Physiology, Human Molecular and Genetics Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226 0509, USA
Physiol Genomics 19:228-32. 2004..It also demonstrates that transgenic rescue in the rat is a practical and definitive method for revealing the function of a novel gene...
- Central neuropeptide Y signaling ameliorates N(omega)-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester hypertension in the rat through a Y1 receptor mechanismMieczyslaw Michalkiewicz
Department of Physiology, Human Molecular and Genetic Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226 0509, USA
Hypertension 45:780-5. 2005....
- Efficient transgenic rat production by a lentiviral vectorMieczyslaw Michalkiewicz
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H881-94. 2007..Thus lentiviral transgenesis provides a powerful tool for the production of transgenic inbred rats and will enhance the usefulness of this species in gene discovery and target validation studies...
- Aged neuropeptide Y transgenic rats are resistant to acute stress but maintain spatial and non-spatial learningCristina C Carvajal
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, 6875 Boulevard LaSalle, , Que, H4H 1R3, Canada
Behav Brain Res 153:471-80. 2004..These results also provide additional evidence for the mechanistic dissociation between anxiety and cognition-related behaviors modulated by NPY...
- TRANSGENIC STUDY VASCULAR ROLE OF NEUROPEPTIDE YMichael Michalkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2002..The NPY overexpressing rats with well defined mutation of the NPY gene will provide a new transgenic animal model of hypertension; such a model should also be very useful for development of new therapies for treating this diseases. ..