Marlene D Melzer-Lange
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Urban community characteristics and adolescent assault victimsMarlene D Melzer-Lange
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 53226, USA
WMJ 106:394-6. 2007..To examine the relationship between neighborhood factors and adolescent victimization for low- and high-risk areas of Milwaukee, Wis...
- Give Wisconsin children a boostLisa A Uherick
Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 53226, USA
WMJ 104:37-40. 2005..Health care providers can help increase booster seat use by educating parents, participating in community campaigns, and advocating for mandatory booster seat laws...
- Patient-controlled analgesia for sickle cell pain crisis in a pediatric emergency departmentMarlene D Melzer-Lange
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 20:2-4. 2004..Also, to compare patient satisfaction and inpatient length of stay for the 2 groups...
- Assessment of trauma symptoms among adolescent assault victimsMichael R McCart
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:70.e7-13. 2005..To identify and evaluate the effectiveness of an assessment tool that could be used to assess the psychological needs of youth injured by community violence...
- Psychosocial needs of African American youth presenting to a pediatric emergency department with assault-related injuriesMichael R McCart
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:154-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to identify the psychosocial needs confronting African American youth assaulted in their community...
- Concerns and coping of African-American mothers after youth assault requiring emergency medical treatmentLori F Phelps
Psychology Department, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 2441 East Hartford Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 31:388-96. 2006..To explore maternal experience following youth assault occurring in the community...
- Bullying prevention: Wisconsin takes a standMarlene D Melzer-Lange
Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
WMJ 104:57-61. 2005
- Sexual-history taking in the pediatric emergency departmentKathleen R Beckmann
Ambul Pediatr 4:41-2. 2004
- Emergency department management of sexually transmitted infections in US adolescents: results from the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care SurveyKathleen R Beckmann
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:333-8. 2004..Many of these adolescents present to the emergency department (ED) for their care. We describe the management of adolescent sexually transmitted infections in US EDs...
- The effectiveness of a follow-up program at improving HIV testing in a pediatric emergency departmentKathleen R Beckmann
Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
WMJ 101:30-4. 2002..Lack of opportunity for follow-up of HIV test results may prevent ED physicians from obtaining this test...
- Developing community coalitions in youth violence preventionWendi K Heuermann
Project Ujima, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, USA
WMJ 101:30-3. 2002..In this article, we review the definition, structure, and specific issues of community collaborative efforts in the area of youth violence prevention...
- Bullying: the physician's roleMarlene D Melzer-Lange
Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
WMJ 101:26-9. 2002