Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Porous-wall hollow glass microspheres as novel potential nanocarriers for biomedical applicationsShuyi Li
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Nanomedicine 6:127-36. 2010....
- Intranuclear delivery of a novel antibody-derived radiosensitizer targeting the DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunitHairong Xiong
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:1023-30. 2012..Development as a radiosensitizer has been limited by the lack of a method for intranuclear delivery to target cells. We investigated a delivery method based on folate receptor-mediated endocytosis...
- Estrogen receptor alpha mediates acute potassium channel stimulation in human coronary artery smooth muscle cellsGuichun Han
Dept Pharmacology and Toxicology, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:1025-30. 2006....
- Modifying the function of DNA repair nanomachines for therapeutic benefitWilliam S Dynan
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Cancer Biology and Regulation Program, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Nanomedicine 2:74-81. 2006..Third, we discuss similarities in the overall size, shape, and design of different nanomachines that manipulate DNA and RNA, and the possibility of developing nanomachines with new specificities not found in nature...
- Double-strand break repair deficiency in NONO knockout murine embryonic fibroblasts and compensation by spontaneous upregulation of the PSPC1 paralogShuyi Li
Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA Department of Biochemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 42:9771-80. 2014..Thus, NONO or related proteins are critical for DSB repair, NONO and PSPC1 are functional homologs with partially interchangeable functions and a compensatory response involving PSPC1 blunts the effect of NONO deficiency. ..
- Involvement of p54(nrb), a PSF partner protein, in DNA double-strand break repair and radioresistanceShuyi Li
Department of Medicine, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:6746-53. 2009..Together, results indicate that p54(nrb) contributes to rapid and accurate repair of DSBs in vivo in human cells and that the PSF.p54(nrb) complex may thus be a potential target for radiosensitizer development...
- E. coli expression of a soluble, active single-chain antibody variable fragment containing a nuclear localization signalHairong Xiong
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Protein Expr Purif 66:172-80. 2009..Following lipid-mediated uptake into cultured cells, NLS-tagged ScFv 18-2, unlike the parental ScFv 18-2, localized predominantly in the cell nucleus...
- Modification of the ionizing radiation response in living cells by an scFv against the DNA-dependent protein kinaseShuyi Li
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:5848-57. 2003..The ability to modify the radiation response in situ in living cells provides a link between biochemical, genetic and cytologic approaches to the study of double-strand break repair intermediates...