Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Perceived need of a parental decision aid for the HPV vaccine: content and format preferencesJulia Lechuga
Center for AIDS Intervention Research at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, USA
Health Promot Pract 13:214-21. 2012..Results suggest that the design of a culturally tailored decision support tool may help guide parents through the decision-making process...
- The cross-cultural variation of predictors of human papillomavirus vaccination intentionsJulia Lechuga
Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:225-30. 2011..The purpose of this research was to investigate the strongest predictors of mothers' intentions to vaccinate their daughters across three cultural groups: Hispanic, non-Hispanic white, and African American...
- Impact of framing on intentions to vaccinate daughters against HPV: a cross-cultural perspectiveJulia Lechuga
Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2071 N Summit Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
Ann Behav Med 42:221-6. 2011..Effective promotion of the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine across ethnic/racial groups may help curtail disparities in cervical cancer rates...
- Holistic reasoning on the other side of the world: validation of the analysis-holism scale in MexicansJulia Lechuga
Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 17:325-30. 2011..The results of Study 2 suggest that Mexicans scored higher than U.S. Americans on certain aspects of holistic reasoning...
- Can language prime culture in Hispanics? The differential impact of self-construals in predicting intention to use a condomJulia Lechuga
Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
Int J Psychol 44:468-76. 2009..Moreover, consistent with our expectations, norms and attitudes differentially predicted condom use intention...
- Sexual health curricula in U.S. medical schools: current educational objectivesCarol Galletly
Medical College of Wisconsin, Center for AIDS Intervention Research, 2071 N Summit Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
Acad Psychiatry 34:333-8. 2010..The authors identify the explicit and implicit objectives that shape decisions about what medical schools teach regarding human sexuality...