L A Labbate
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Panic disorder in schizophreniaL A Labbate
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Can J Psychiatry 44:488-90. 1999..To determine the frequency of panic attacks and panic disorder in patients with chronic schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- Antidepressant-related erectile dysfunction: management via avoidance, switching antidepressants, antidotes, and adaptationLawrence A Labbate
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Medical University of South Carolina and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Charleston, SC, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:11-9. 2003..Few proposed treatment options, apart from avoidance, have proved effective for antidepressant-associated sexual dysfunction, which can have negative consequences on depression management...
- Sexual dysfunction in male psychiatric outpatients: validity of the Massachusetts General Hospital Sexual Functioning QuestionnaireL A Labbate
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Medical University of South Carolina, and VA Medical Center, Charleston, SC, USA
Psychother Psychosom 70:221-5. 2001....
- Effects of bupropion sustained-release on sexual functioning and nocturnal erections in healthy menL A Labbate
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Medical University of South Carolina, and VA Medical Center, Charleston 29401, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:99-103. 2001..These findings support that bupropion does not have subjective adverse sexual side effects and does not affect nocturnal erections in healthy men...
- Common psychiatric syndromes and pharmacologic treatments of traumatic brain injuryL A Labbate
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 109 Bee Street, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 2:268-73. 2000..This article reviews the existing studies of clinical syndromes related to brain injury and possible pharmacologic treatments...
- Gabapentin in PTSD: a retrospective, clinical series of adjunctive therapyM B Hamner
Mental Health Service, Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, South Carolina 29401, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 13:141-6. 2001..Prospective, controlled studies are needed to further investigate the effects of gabapentin on insomnia, nightmares, and other core PTSD symptoms...
- Patterns of alcohol use 1 year after traumatic brain injury: a population-based, epidemiological studyMichael David Horner
Mental Health Service, Ralph H Johnson Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, SC 29401 5799, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 11:322-30. 2005..There was no association between drinking patterns and TBI severity...
- Predictors of psychological symptoms 1 year after traumatic brain injury: a population-based, epidemiological studyMichael D Horner
Mental Health Service, Ralph H Johnson Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, SC29401, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 23:74-83. 2008..To examine self-reported psychological symptoms 1 year after traumatic brain injury (TBI) in a population-based sample...
- Does comorbid anxiety or depression affect clinical outcomes in patients with post-traumatic stress disorder and alcohol use disorders?Lawrence A Labbate
Mental Health Service, VA Medical Center, and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Compr Psychiatry 45:304-10. 2004..Hence, contrary to our hypothesis, having additional anxiety or mood disorder comorbidity did not decrease treatment response in individuals with comorbid PTSD and an alcohol use disorder...
- Guidelines for the pharmacologic treatment of neurobehavioral sequelae of traumatic brain injuryDeborah L Warden
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, USA
J Neurotrauma 23:1468-501. 2006..There is a clear need for well-designed randomized controlled trials in the treatment of these common problems after TBI in order to establish definitive treatment standards for this patient population...
- Psychotropics and sexual dysfunction: the evidence and treatmentsLawrence A Labbate
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Adv Psychosom Med 29:107-30. 2008..There is insufficient evidence to make conclusions about the anxiolytics or mood stabilizers...