Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Capacity building in anthelmintic drug discoveryMichael Kron
Professor and Director, Programme in International Health, Department of Medicine, Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53226, USA 1 414 456 5613 1 414 456 6568
Expert Opin Drug Discov 2:S75-82. 2007..Support for developing country based screening centres also can help countries optimise product development procedures and policies and can facilitate diffusion of desirable technology in corresponding global regions around the world...
- Nematode asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase resolves intestinal inflammation in mice with T-cell transfer colitisMichael A Kron
Department of Medicine, Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 20:276-81. 2013..In summary, this work demonstrates a novel anti-inflammatory nematode protein, supports the hygiene hypothesis, and supports continued refinement of alternative immunotherapies for treatment of IBD...
- Interleukin-8-like activity in a filarial asparaginyl-tRNA synthetaseMichael A Kron
Department of Medicine, Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53092, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 185:66-9. 2012..malayi AsnRS and substructures involved in receptor binding by human IL-8. These observations provide important new insights into how parasite-derived molecules may play a role in the modulation of immune cell function...
- Using structural analysis to generate parasite-selective monoclonal antibodiesMichael A Kron
Department of Medicine, Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Protein Sci 17:983-9. 2008..These results support the success of structural modeling to choose peptides for raising selective antibodies that bind to the native protein...
- Identification of diadenosine triphosphate in Brugia malayi by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography and MALDI mass spectrometryMichael Kron
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, United States
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 856:234-8. 2007..Application of this simplified RP-HPLC method will facilitate research on the normal and pathophysiological effects of ApnA particularly in situations when analysis of small biological samples is required...
- Expression, localization and alternative function of cytoplasmic asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase in Brugia malayiMichael Kron
Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, B323 Life Science Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 129:33-9. 2003..These data support the hypothesis that all AARS are not equally expressed in B. malayi and that these enzymes may demonstrate important alternative functions in filaria...
- New WS9326A congeners from Streptomyces sp. 9078 inhibiting Brugia malayi asparaginyl-tRNA synthetaseZhiGuo Yu
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, Florida 33458, USA
Org Lett 14:4946-9. 2012..WS9326D specifically inhibits the BmAsnRS, kills the adult B. malayi parasite, and does not exhibit significant general cytotoxicity to human hepatic cells, representing a new lead scaffold for antifilarial drug discovery...
- Interconversion between two unrelated protein folds in the lymphotactin native stateRobbyn L Tuinstra
Departments of Biochemistry and Medicine and Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5057-62. 2008..These results demonstrate that the functional repertoire and regulation of a single naturally occurring amino acid sequence can be expanded by access to a set of highly dissimilar native-state structures...
- Discovering new classes of Brugia malayi asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase inhibitors and relating specificity to conformational changeSai Chetan K Sukuru
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, 502C Biochemistry Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Comput Aided Mol Des 20:159-78. 2006..Combining ROCK and SLIDE provides a promising approach for exploiting conformational flexibility in structure-based screening and design of species selective inhibitors...
- Synthesis and activity of substituted anthraquinones against a human filarial parasite, Brugia malayiMugunthu R Dhananjeyan
Bioactive Natural Products and Phytoceuticals, Department of Horticulture and National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Med Chem 48:2822-30. 2005..Methylated products of anthraquinones did not affect the microfilaria. Histological examination of treated adult female parasites showed most of the anthraquinones caused marked effects on intrauterine embryos...
- Macrofilaricidal Aminoacyl-tRNA Synthetase InhibitorsMichael Kron; Fiscal Year: 2005....