Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Antenatal betamethasone improves postnatal transition in late preterm lambs with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornGirija G Konduri
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Research Institute and Cardiovascular Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Pediatr Res 73:621-9. 2013..Betamethasone decreases the oxidative stress and improves antioxidant balance in PPHN. We investigated whether antenatal betamethasone improves pulmonary vasodilation and postnatal oxygenation in late preterm lambs with PPHN...
- Decreases in manganese superoxide dismutase expression and activity contribute to oxidative stress in persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornAdeleye J Afolayan
Department of Pediatrics, Cardiovascular Research Center and Children s Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 303:L870-9. 2012..Our observations suggest that decreased MnSOD expression and activity contribute to the endothelial dysfunction observed in PPHN...
- Impaired voltage gated potassium channel responses in a fetal lamb model of persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornGirija G Konduri
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin and Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Pediatr Res 66:289-94. 2009..Oxidative stress impairs Kv channel function in PPHN. Superoxide scavengers may improve pulmonary vasodilation in PPHN in part by restoring Kv channel function...
- Advances in the diagnosis and management of persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornG Ganesh Konduri
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Children s Research Institute and Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 56:579-600, Table of Contents. 2009..This review focuses on the diagnosis, recent advances in management, and recommendations for the long-term follow-up of infants who have PPHN...
- Early inhaled nitric oxide therapy for term and near-term newborn infants with hypoxic respiratory failure: neurodevelopmental follow-upG Ganesh Konduri
Medical College of WI, Dept of Pediatrics and the Children s Research Institute, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1997, USA
J Pediatr 150:235-40, 240.e1. 2007..To report the neurodevelopmental outcome of infants enrolled in a randomized multicenter trial of early inhaled nitric oxide (iNO) in term and near-term neonates with hypoxic respiratory failure and pulmonary hypertension...
- Oxidant stress from uncoupled nitric oxide synthase impairs vasodilation in fetal lambs with persistent pulmonary hypertensionGirija G Konduri
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1997, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1812-20. 2007..HSP90 immunoprecipitated from PPHN pulmonary arteries had increased nitrotyrosine signal. Oxidant stress from uncoupled eNOS contributes to impaired pulmonary vasodilation in PPHN induced by ductal ligation in fetal lambs...
- New approaches for persistent pulmonary hypertension of newbornG Ganesh Konduri
Division of Neonatology, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Research Institute of Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, MS 213 A, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Clin Perinatol 31:591-611. 2004..Further research is needed to understand the basis for the biologic susceptibility of some infants to environmental insults such as intra-uterine stressor exposure to NSAIDs in utero...
- A randomized trial of early versus standard inhaled nitric oxide therapy in term and near-term newborn infants with hypoxic respiratory failureG Ganesh Konduri
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Pediatrics 113:559-64. 2004..We conducted a randomized, double masked, multicenter trial to determine whether administration of iNO earlier in respiratory failure results in additional reduction in the incidence of these outcomes...
- P2Y purine receptor responses and expression in the pulmonary circulation of juvenile rabbitsGirija G Konduri
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, CHW OB 213 A, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H157-64. 2004..ATP appears to cause NO-mediated vasodilation predominantly through P2Y2 receptors on endothelium...
- Decreased association of HSP90 impairs endothelial nitric oxide synthase in fetal lambs with persistent pulmonary hypertensionGirija G Konduri
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H204-11. 2003..Decreased HSP90-eNOS interactions may contribute to the impaired NO release and vasodilation observed in the ductal ligation model of PPHN...
- Inhaled nitric oxide for premature infants with severe respiratory failureKrisa P Van Meurs
Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, Calif 94304, USA
N Engl J Med 353:13-22. 2005..We conducted a multicenter, randomized, blinded, controlled trial to determine whether inhaled nitric oxide reduced the rate of death or bronchopulmonary dysplasia in such infants...
- Inhaled nitric oxide for preterm neonatesNandini Arul
Division of Neonatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Clin Perinatol 36:43-61. 2009..This article focuses on the potential toxicities, persistent controversies, and unanswered questions regarding the use of this treatment modality in this patient population at high risk for adverse outcomes...
- Perinatal systemic inflammatory response syndrome and retinopathy of prematurityBeena G Sood
Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Pediatr Res 67:394-400. 2010..We conclude that perinatal inflammation may be involved in the pathogenesis of ROP...
- eNOS function is developmentally regulated: uncoupling of eNOS occurs postnatallyEugenia Mata-Greenwood
Dept of Pediatrics, Northwestern Univ, Ward 12 191, 303 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 008, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L232-41. 2006..We speculate this may be related to cellular production and/or maintenance of BH4 levels...
- Tetrahydrobiopterin in pulmonary hypertension: pulmonary hypertension in guanosine triphosphate-cyclohydrolase-deficient miceKirkwood A Pritchard
Circulation 111:2022-4. 2005
- REGULATION OF PULMONARY CIRCULATION IN FETUS AND NEWBORNGIRIJA KONDURI; Fiscal Year: 2000..The proposed experiments will provide new information on mechanisms of O2 induced pulmonary vasodilation, a critical step for survival of newborn. ..
- REGULATION OF PULMONARY CIRCULATION IN FETUS AND NEWBORNGIRIJA KONDURI; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide new information on mechanisms of impaired adaptation in PPHN. ..
- REGULATION OF PULMONARY CIRCULATION IN FETUS AND NEWBORNGirija G Konduri; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will investigate the mechanisms and potential new therapies for this disease. ..