Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Non-replication study of a genome-wide association study for hypertension and blood pressure in African AmericansSrividya Kidambi
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
BMC Med Genet 13:27. 2012..We attempted to replicate these findings in an independent sample of 2474 unrelated African Americans in the Milwaukee metropolitan area; 53% were women and 47% were hypertensives...
- Low bone mass prevalence and osteoporosis risk factor assessment in African American Wisconsin womenSrividya Kidambi
Department of Endocrinology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
WMJ 104:59-65. 2005..Data regarding risk factors for, and prevalence of, low bone mass and awareness of osteoporosis risk in African American (AA) women are limited...
- Cholesterol and non-cholesterol sterol transporters: ABCG5, ABCG8 and NPC1L1: a reviewS Kidambi
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Clinical Nutrition, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Xenobiotica 38:1119-39. 2008..4. The objective of this review is to provide up-to-date knowledge on genomics, proteomics and function of these two transporter systems...
- Hypertension, insulin resistance, and aldosterone: sex-specific relationshipsSrividya Kidambi
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 11:130-7. 2009..The association of IR with both hypertension and PA in men, but not in women, may contribute to the high prevalence of cardiovascular disease in African American men...
- Aldosterone contributes to blood pressure variance and to likelihood of hypertension in normal-weight and overweight African AmericansSrividya Kidambi
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Hypertens 22:1303-8. 2009..We have previously reported that both plasma aldosterone (PA) and body mass index (BMI) are higher in hypertensive than in normotensive AAs. This study evaluates the relative contributions of adiposity and PA to hypertension in AAs...
- Cardiovascular correlates of insulin resistance in normotensive and hypertensive African AmericansSrividya Kidambi
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Metabolism 60:835-42. 2011..These observations suggest that an exclusive focus on effects of IR on DM or BP may ignore independent pathophysiologic contributions of IR to cardiovascular disease...
- Sitosterolaemia: pathophysiology, clinical presentation and laboratory diagnosisS Kidambi
Division of Endocrinology Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Clin Pathol 61:588-94. 2008..In this review the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations and approach to clinical and laboratory diagnosis of this disease are described...