Affiliation: Medical and Health Research Association of New York City
- Substance use and high-risk sex among men who have sex with men: a national online study in the USAS Hirshfield
Medical and Health Research Association of New York City, Inc, New York, NY 10013, USA
AIDS Care 16:1036-47. 2004..Findings are discussed in relation to the need to integrate messages about the relationship between drug use and sexual behavior into HIV prevention programs...
- Crystal methamphetamine use predicts incident STD infection among men who have sex with men recruited online: a nested case-control studySabina Hirshfield
Medical and Health Research Association of New York City, Inc, 40 Worth Street, Suite 720, New York NY 10013, USA
J Med Internet Res 6:e41. 2004..Factors that may be contributing to this resurgence include a widely reported increase in bacterial sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among HIV-positive and HIV-negative MSM, as well as unsafe sexual practices...
- A comparison of on-line and off-line sexual risk in men who have sex with men: an event-based on-line surveyMary Ann Chiasson
Medical and Health Research Association of New York City, New York 10013, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:235-43. 2007..To assess whether men who have sex with men (MSM) are more likely to report unprotected anal intercourse (UAI) with partners met on-line compared with those met off-line...
- Sexual dysfunction in an Internet sample of U.S. men who have sex with menSabina Hirshfield
Public Health Solutions, Department of Research and Evaluation, New York, New York 10013, USA
J Sex Med 7:3104-14. 2010..Relatively little is known about sexual dysfunction (SD) in men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- An online randomized controlled trial evaluating HIV prevention digital media interventions for men who have sex with menSabina Hirshfield
Public Health Solutions, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46252. 2012..As HIV infection continues unabated, there is a need for effective interventions targeting at-risk men who have sex with men (MSM). Engaging MSM online where they meet sexual partners is critical for HIV prevention efforts...
- HIV behavioral research onlineMary Ann Chiasson
Medical and Health Research Association of New York City, Inc, 40 Worth Street, Suite 720, New York, NY 10013, USA
J Urban Health 83:73-85. 2006..This paper presents a review of Internet-based research on sexual behavior in MSM, a general discussion of the methodologic and ethical challenges of Internet-based research, and recommendations for future interdisciplinary research...
- Increased HIV disclosure three months after an online video intervention for men who have sex with men (MSM)Mary Ann Chiasson
Public Health Solutions, New York, NY, USA
AIDS Care 21:1081-9. 2009....
- Increased high risk sexual behavior after September 11 in men who have sex with men: an Internet surveyMary Ann Chiasson
Medical and Health Research Association of New York City, Inc, NY 10013, USA
Arch Sex Behav 34:527-35. 2005..Counseling about substance abuse and risky sexual behavior should be incorporated into trauma-related programs for adolescents and adults...
- HIV prevention and care in the digital ageMary Ann Chiasson
Research and Evaluation, Public Health Solutions, New York, NY 10013, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:S94-7. 2010..To describe the technologic advances in the digital media, including computers, mobile phones, and the Internet, that have greatly expanded opportunities to deliver evidence-based HIV education, prevention, and treatment programs...
- The Bolger conference on PDE-5 inhibition and HIV risk: implications for health policy and preventionRaymond C Rosen
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Sex Med 3:960-75; discussion 973-5. 2006..Recent reports have linked the use of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors with increased rates of high-risk sexual behavior and HIV transmission in some individuals...
- Behavioral Risk in Men Recruited OnlineSabina Hirshfield; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Online Intervention to Reduce Sexual Risk Among Men Who Meet Men OnlineSabina Hirshfield; Fiscal Year: 2007....