Vanessa K Hinson
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Single-blind clinical trial of psychotherapy for treatment of psychogenic movement disordersVanessa K Hinson
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston Memorial Hospital, Charleston, 29425, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 12:177-80. 2006..PMD are disabling, but lack any generally accepted treatment strategies...
- Psychogenic movement disordersVanessa K Hinson
Department of Neurosciences, Murray Center for Research on Parkinson s Disease and Related Disorders, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston Memorial Hospital, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Lancet Neurol 5:695-700. 2006....
- Parkinson's disease and motor fluctuationsVanessa K Hinson
Medical University of South Carolina, 326 Calhoun Street, Suite 308, Charleston, SC, 29425, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 12:186-99. 2010..Once medical attempts at treating motor fluctuations fail, deep brain stimulation (DBS) can be considered. Careful patient selection and skilled placement of DBS electrodes are important determinants of the surgical outcome...
- Reducing dosing frequency of carbidopa/levodopa: double-blind crossover study comparing twice-daily bilayer formulation of carbidopa/levodopa (IPX054) versus 4 daily doses of standard carbidopa/levodopa in stable Parkinson disease patientsVanessa K Hinson
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 32:189-92. 2009..We compared IPX054, a bilayer tablet of immediate- and extended-release carbidopa/levodopa (CD/LD) given twice daily to standard CD/LD given 4 times daily in patients with stable Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Rating scale for psychogenic movement disorders: scale development and clinimetric testingVanessa K Hinson
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Mov Disord 20:1592-7. 2005..The PMD scale adequately captures the complex movements of PMDs and can be used to assess PMDs and test the efficacy of intervention strategies...
- Disrupted thalamic prefrontal pathways in patients with idiopathic dystoniaLeonardo Bonilha
Department of Neurology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 15:64-7. 2009..These results corroborate neurophysiologic findings of reduced and asynchronous thalamic prefrontal input, and emphasize the structural correlates of the pathophysiology of ID...
- Structural white matter abnormalities in patients with idiopathic dystoniaLeonardo Bonilha
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA
Mov Disord 22:1110-6. 2007..Impaired connectivity and disrupted flow of information may contribute to the impairment of motor planning and regulation in dystonia...
- The range of motor activation in the normal human cortex using bold FMRIDiana J Vincent
Department of Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, 169 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Brain Topogr 18:273-80. 2006..Standard notions of strongly associated functions as related to anatomic foci may need to be revised...
- Evaluating Parkinson's disease patients at home: utility of self-videotaping for objective motor, dyskinesia, and ON-OFF assessmentsChristopher G Goetz
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Mov Disord 23:1479-82. 2008..In this group of patients with no or mild fluctuations, in spite of pretrial training, patients were inaccurate in separating ON vs. OFF status...
- Transcultural comparison of psychogenic movement disordersEsther Cubo
Sanatorio del Rosario, Clinica de la Zarzuela, Neurology Department, Madrid, Spain
Mov Disord 20:1343-5. 2005..Gait and speech dysfunctions were distributed similarly in both countries. We found action tremor to be the most frequent PMD in both countries...
- Therapies for movement disordersChristopher G Goetz
Arch Neurol 59:699-702. 2002