John R Freedy
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- On track for success: an innovative behavioral science curriculum modelJohn R Freedy
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Medicine, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 45:299-310. 2013..While this behavioral science track system is currently in an early stage of implementation, the article discusses track advantages as well as future plans to evaluate various aspects of this innovative educational approach...
- Disaster-related physical and mental health: a role for the family physicianJohn R Freedy
Medical University of South Carolina, Department of Family Medicine, Charleston, South Carolina 29406, USA
Am Fam Physician 75:841-6. 2007..Physicians also should plan for the care and safety of their own families...
- Spotting-and treating-PTSD in primary careJohn R Freedy
Department of Family Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC USA E mail
J Fam Pract 59:75-80. 2010..Enhance your ability to recognize and respond to patients with PTSD through continuing education, psychotherapy, participation in a Balint group, and/or expert consultation...
- Traumatic events and mental health in civilian primary care: implications for training and practiceJohn R Freedy
Department of Family Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina 9228 Medical Plaza Drive, Charleston, SC 29406, USA
Fam Med 42:185-92. 2010..This study documents lifetime traumatic events and past month depression and PTSD in adult patients of a large family medicine residency practice...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder screening test performance in civilian primary careJohn R Freedy
Department of Family Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Fam Pract 27:615-24. 2010..we determined the test performance characteristics of four brief post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) screening tests in a civilian primary care setting...
- Alcohol use screening and case finding: screening tools, clinical clues, and making the diagnosisJohn R Freedy
Department of Family Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, 295 Calhoun Street, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Prim Care 38:91-103. 2011..This article reviews the state-of-the-art, evidence-based concepts and practices for screening and case finding for alcohol use disorders among adults and adolescents in primary care settings...
- Gender differences in traumatic event exposure and mental health among veteran primary care patientsJohn R Freedy
Department of Family Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, 295 Calhoun Street, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Mil Med 175:750-8. 2010..This study evaluated gender differences in lifetime traumatic events, PTSD, and depression among VA primary care patients...