Donna M Fick
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Delirium superimposed on dementia: a systematic reviewDonna M Fick
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1723-32. 2002..This paper highlights the dearth of research on delirium superimposed on dementia and stresses the importance of early recognition and prevention of delirium in persons with dementia...
- Updating the Beers criteria for potentially inappropriate medication use in older adults: results of a US consensus panel of expertsDonna M Fick
Department of Medicine, Center for Health Care Improvement, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:2716-24. 2003..The purpose of this initiative was to revise and update the Beers criteria for potentially inappropriate medication use in adults 65 years and older in the United States...
- A randomized study to decrease the use of potentially inappropriate medications among community-dwelling older adults in a southeastern managed care organizationDonna M Fick
Department of Medicine and Center for Healthcare Improvement, Medical College of Georgia, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:761-8. 2004....
- Delirium superimposed on dementia in a community-dwelling managed care population: a 3-year retrospective study of occurrence, costs, and utilizationDonna M Fick
Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, Center for Healthcare Improvement, and Office of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Augusta, GA, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 60:748-53. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the 3-year occurrence, healthcare utilization, and costs associated with delirium superimposed on dementia in community-dwelling persons...
- Antibiotic use in children who have asthma: results of retrospective database analysisLeila E Stallworth
Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 11:657-62. 2005....
- Medication use after bariatric surgery in a managed care cohortDenise M Hodo
Center for Health Care Improvement, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia, Georgia s Health Sciences University, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 4:601-7. 2008..The primary aim of this study was to describe the medication use and costs within a managed care cohort after bariatric surgery. A secondary aim was to describe the use rates for other health services after bariatric surgery...
- Comparison of 2 systems for clinical practice profiling in diabetic care: medical records versus claims and administrative dataJ Ross Maclean
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
Am J Manag Care 8:175-9. 2002....
- Recognizing delirium superimposed on dementia: assessing nurses' knowledge using case vignettesDonna M Fick
School of Nursing, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802 6508, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 33:40-7; quiz 48-9. 2007..Interventions and educational programs designed to increase nursing awareness of DSD symptoms could help to decrease this gap in nursing knowledge...
- Health outcomes associated with potentially inappropriate medication use in older adultsDonna M Fick
School of Nursing, 307C Health and Human Development East, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Res Nurs Health 31:42-51. 2008..7% in the non-PIM group (p < .001). In conclusion, preventing PIM use may be important for decreasing medication-related problems, which are increasingly being recognized as requiring an integrated interdisciplinary approach...
- Reframing person-centered nursing care for persons with dementiaJanice Penrod
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Res Theory Nurs Pract 21:57-72. 2007..Clinical application of the NDB promotes a new level of praxis, or thoughtful action, in the care of persons with dementia...
- Is it safe to conclude that Beers criteria medications led to few adverse events?Adam Golden
Ann Intern Med 148:628-9; author reply 629. 2008
- Cognitive assessment and differentiating the 3 Ds (dementia, depression, delirium)Koen Milisen
Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 4, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nurs Clin North Am 41:1-22, v. 2006..Further, an overview of epidemiological screening and diagnostic dilemmas of dementia, depression, and deliriumare provided...