Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Endotracheal tube cuff leaks: causes, consequences, and managementMohammad El-Orbany
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Anesth Analg 117:428-34. 2013..In this review, various management concerns and plans are discussed, and a simple algorithm to manage leaky ETT cuff situations is presented. ..
- Reversal of profound vecuronium-induced neuromuscular block under sevoflurane anesthesia: sugammadex versus neostigmineHendrikus Jm Lemmens
Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Anesthesiol 10:15. 2010..This study assessed the efficacy of sugammadex compared with neostigmine in reversal of profound vecuronium-induced neuromuscular block under sevoflurane anesthesia...
- Difficult mask ventilationMohammad El-Orbany
Department of Anesthesiology West, Medical College of Wisconsin, Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Anesth Analg 109:1870-80. 2009....
- Rapid sequence induction and intubation: current controversyMohammad El-Orbany
Department of Anesthesiology West, Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Anesth Analg 110:1318-25. 2010..These controversial components need to be discussed, studied, and resolved before establishing a standard RSII protocol...
- Gastric tubes and airway management in patients at risk of aspiration: history, current concepts, and proposal of an algorithmM Ramez Salem
From the Department of Anesthesiology, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois and Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Anesth Analg 118:569-79. 2014..The GT should not be withdrawn and should be connected to suction during induction. Airway management and the use of GTs in the surgical correction of certain gastrointestinal anomalies in infants and children are discussed. ..
- Head and neck position for direct laryngoscopyMohammad El-Orbany
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Anesth Analg 113:103-9. 2011..DL should be a dynamic procedure and position adjustment should be instituted in case poor visualization is encountered in the SP...