Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Second transplant for acute and chronic leukemia relapsing after first HLA-identical sibling transplantM Eapen
Statistical Center, International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry, Health Policy Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, PO Box 26509, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:721-7. 2004..Although age, disease status and conditioning regimen are important, duration of remission after first transplantation appear to be the most important determinant of outcome...
- Higher mortality after allogeneic peripheral-blood transplantation compared with bone marrow in children and adolescents: the Histocompatibility and Alternate Stem Cell Source Working Committee of the International Bone Marrow Transplant RegistryMary Eapen
IBMTR ABMTR Statistical Center, International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4872-80. 2004..Despite lack of data on PBSC transplantation in children, there has been a change in clinical practice, with increasing numbers of children receiving PBSC allografts...
- Comparable long-term survival after unrelated and HLA-matched sibling donor hematopoietic stem cell transplantations for acute leukemia in children younger than 18 monthsMary Eapen
Center for Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:145-51. 2006..To describe outcomes after unrelated donor stem cell transplantation (HCT) in children (< 18 months at diagnosis) with acute leukemia and compare these with outcomes after human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-matched sibling donor HCT...
- Outcomes after HLA-matched sibling transplantation or chemotherapy in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a second remission after an isolated central nervous system relapse: a collaborative study of the Children's Oncology Group and the Center M Eapen
Department of Medicine, Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Leukemia 22:281-6. 2008....
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation for Chediak-Higashi syndromeM Eapen
Department of Medicine, Statistical Center, Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Registry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:411-5. 2007..Early referral and transplantation in remission after accelerated phase disease may improve disease-free survival...
- Are there roles for observational database studies and structured quantification of expert opinion to answer therapy controversies in transplants?R P Gale
Center for International Blood and Marrow Research CIBMTR, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:435-46. 2009..We suggest increased use of ODBs and expert opinion as reliable and effective ways to determine relative efficacies of new therapies in transplant settings...
- Alternative donor bone marrow transplant for children with Philadelphia chromosome ALLJ M Talano
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:135-41. 2006..Five of six patients in >CR2 or relapse at the time of transplant died. Our data should encourage the use of alternative donor transplants early in the course of disease for children with Ph+ ALL...
- Outcome of unrelated donor stem cell transplantation for children with severe aplastic anemiaEvelio D Perez-Albuerne
Division of Stem Cell Transplantation and Immunology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Br J Haematol 141:216-23. 2008..008). The data suggest that unrelated donor transplantation is an acceptable alternative for children; early referral for transplantation and identification of an HLA-matched (allele-level) donor offers the best outcome...
- Matched-related donor transplantation for sickle cell disease: report from the Center for International Blood and Transplant ResearchJulie A Panepinto
Department of Hematology Oncology Bone Marrow Transplant, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Br J Haematol 137:479-85. 2007....
- Worse outcome and more chronic GVHD with peripheral blood progenitor cells than bone marrow in HLA-matched sibling donor transplants for young patients with severe acquired aplastic anemiaHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics, University of Ulm, Germany
Blood 110:1397-400. 2007..Corresponding probabilities for older patients were 52% and 64%. These data indicate that BM grafts are preferred to PBPC grafts in young patients undergoing HLA-matched sibling donor transplantation for SAA...
- Outcomes of transplantation of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood and bone marrow in children with acute leukaemia: a comparison studyMary Eapen
Statistical Center, Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Lancet 369:1947-54. 2007....
- High-resolution donor-recipient HLA matching contributes to the success of unrelated donor marrow transplantationStephanie J Lee
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 110:4576-83. 2007..High-resolution DNA matching for HLA-A, -B, -C, and -DRB1 alleles is associated with higher rates of survival...
- Peripheral blood grafts from unrelated donors are associated with increased acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease without improved survivalMary Eapen
Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:1461-8. 2007..The higher rate of cGVHD after PBSC transplants and, consequently, more frequent late adverse events warrant extended follow up of PBSC recipients...
- HLA-matched sibling hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for fanconi anemia: comparison of irradiation and nonirradiation containing conditioning regimensRicardo Pasquini
Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1141-7. 2008..As the peak time for developing solid tumors after HCT is 8 to 9 years, longer follow-up is required before definitive statements can be made regarding the impact of nonirradiation regimens on cancer risk...
- Unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation for children with acute myeloid leukemia beyond first remission or refractory to chemotherapyNancy J Bunin
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4326-32. 2008..Identify prognostic factors that influence outcome after unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation in children with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Individual physician practice variation in hematopoietic cell transplantationStephanie J Lee
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, D5 290, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2162-70. 2008..Previous studies have evaluated practice variation in hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) among transplant centers and countries. There are no studies investigating individual physician practice variation in HCT...
- State of the art review: HLA matching and outcome of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood transplantsNaynesh Kamani
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1-6. 2008
- Interleukin-1 alpha genotype and outcome of unrelated donor haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukaemiaParinda A Mehta
Division of Haematology Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Br J Haematol 137:152-7. 2007..We did not observe an association with IL-1alpha genotype in donor and/or recipient and transplant-outcome. These data suggest that the outcome of unrelated donor transplant for CML is not influenced by IL-1alpha genotype...
- Bone marrow transplantation for severe aplastic anemia: a randomized controlled study of conditioning regimensRichard E Champlin
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Blood 109:4582-5. 2007..In conclusion, the results of allogeneic BMT for SAA have improved over time related to advances in supportive care. The addition of ATG to the preparative regimen did not significantly improve the outcome...
- Autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for children with acute myeloid leukemia in first or second complete remission: a prognostic factor analysisKamar Godder
Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant Registry, Health Policy Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3798-804. 2004..To determine prognostic factors correlated with outcomes after autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT) in children with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Outcomes after transplantation of cord blood or bone marrow from unrelated donors in adults with leukemiaMary J Laughlin
Case Comprehensive Cancer Center and University Hospitals of Cleveland Ireland Cancer Center, Cleveland, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2265-75. 2004..Data regarding the outcome of cord-blood transplantation in adults are scant, despite the fact that these grafts are increasingly used in adults...
- Association of transplant center and physician factors on mortality after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the United StatesFausto R Loberiza
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research CIBMTR, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Blood 105:2979-87. 2005..Greater physician involvement in patient care is important in producing favorable outcomes after HSCT. To more clearly establish the role of the factors we identified, further studies are recommended...
- Bone marrow transplantation for diamond-blackfan anemiaVivek Roy
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:600-8. 2005..These data suggest that allogeneic bone marrow transplantation is effective for the treatment of DBA. Transplantation before deterioration of the performance status and from an HLA-identical sibling donor may improve survival...
- Trends in survival rates after allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for acute and chronic leukemia by ethnicity in the United States and CanadaDerek S Serna
Department of Internal Medicine, Health Policy Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3754-60. 2003..Differences in survival among ethnic groups in the United States are reported in numerous diseases and treatment strategies. Whether survival after allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT) differs by ethnicity is uncertain...
- Outcomes after HLA-matched sibling transplantation or chemotherapy in children with B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a second remission: a collaborative study of the Children's Oncology Group and the Center for International Blood and Marrow TrMary Eapen
Statistical Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Blood 107:4961-7. 2006..92; 95% CI, 0.49-1.70, P = .78). These data support HLA-matched sibling donor transplantation using a TBI-containing regimen in second CR for children with ALL and early relapse...
- The effect of KIR ligand incompatibility on the outcome of unrelated donor transplantation: a report from the center for international blood and marrow transplant research, the European blood and marrow transplant registry, and the Dutch registrySherif S Farag
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:876-84. 2006..There were no differences in leukemia recurrence between the 4 groups. These results do not support the choice of an unrelated donor on the basis of KIR ligand mismatch determined from HLA typing...
- Long-term outcome of patients given transplants of mobilized blood or bone marrow: A report from the International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry and the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationNorbert Schmitz
Department of Hematology, Asklepios Klinik St Georg, Hamburg, Germany
Blood 108:4288-90. 2006..These data represent the early experience with PBSC grafts. Long-term outcomes in recipients of more recent transplants are required to better evaluate the role of PBSC grafts relative to BM transplantation...
- Unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation for the treatment of Fanconi anemiaJohn E Wagner
Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 109:2256-62. 2007....
- HLA mismatching within or outside of cross-reactive groups (CREGs) is associated with similar outcomes after unrelated hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJudith A Wade
Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blood 109:4064-70. 2007..001). For patients without an HLA match, the selection of a CREG-compatible donor as tested does not improve outcome...
- Differences in characteristics of US hematopoietic stem cell transplantation centers by proportion of racial or ethnic minoritiesChristopher J Schwake
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:988-98. 2005..Our results suggest that the inferior survival reported in ethnic minorities after HSCT may not be readily explained by center effects...