Amy L Drendel
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Pain assessment for children: overcoming challenges and optimizing careAmy L Drendel
Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:773-81. 2011..Optimizing the utility of a pain assessment remains a challenge for the health care provider in the emergency setting. The common goal of a decreased experience of pain for children through improved analgesic administration remains...
- A randomized clinical trial of ibuprofen versus acetaminophen with codeine for acute pediatric arm fracture painAmy L Drendel
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Division, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:553-60. 2009..We compare the treatment of pain in children with arm fractures by ibuprofen 10 mg/kg versus acetaminophen with codeine 1 mg/kg/dose (codeine component)...
- Pain assessment for pediatric patients in the emergency departmentAmy L Drendel
Department of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Pediatrics 117:1511-8. 2006..To examine the relationship between pediatric patient visit characteristics and pain score documentation in the emergency department (ED) and determine whether documentation of a pain score is associated with increased analgesic use...
- Parent satisfaction with acute pediatric pain treatment at homeMolly Gill
Medical College of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Clin J Pain 29:64-9. 2013..This study describes the outpatient pain experience for children with an arm fracture and explores the variables associated with parents' dissatisfaction with pain treatment for 2 analgesics after ED care...
- Pediatric minor injury outcomes: an initial reportMartha W Stevens
Pediatrics, Section of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:371-3. 2011....
- Clinically meaningful measurement of pain in children with sickle cell diseaseMatthew P Myrvik
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:1689-95. 2013..The current study assessed the minimal clinically significant improvement in pain and pain scores signifying patient-reported need for medication and treatment satisfaction in patients with sickle cell disease (SCD)...
- Outpatient pediatric pain management practices for fracturesAmy L Drendel
Pediatric Department, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:94-9. 2006..Describe the pattern of utilization and effectiveness of outpatient fracture pain medication...
- The effect of CYP2D6 polymorphisms on the response to pain treatment for pediatric sickle cell pain crisisDavid C Brousseau
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Pediatr 150:623-6. 2007..To test the hypothesis that children taking hydroxyurea who fail codeine therapy have an increase in reduced-functioning cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) alleles...