Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Excess coronary artery disease risk in South Asian immigrants: can dysfunctional high-density lipoprotein explain increased risk?Sunita Dodani
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:953-61. 2008..This short review is mainly focused on the possible role of dysfunctional high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in causing CAD and presents an overview of available literature on dysfunctional HDL...
- Effectiveness of research training workshop taught by traditional and video-teleconference methods in a developing countryS Dodani
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Glob Public Health 4:82-93; quiz 94-5. 2009..001). We present a model for training physicians in public health by providing in-house research skills training which can be used to strengthen the local capacity and reduce increasing problems of brain drain...
- Coronary artery diseases in South Asian immigrants: an update on high density lipoprotein role in disease preventionSunita Dodani
Medical College of Georgia, EC 4503 Health Sciences Building, 997 St Sebastian Way, Augusta, GA 30812, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 11:415-21. 2009..We present here an overview CAD and CAD risk factors in general and dyslipidemias in particular in SAIs. In addition, the evolving theories on dysfunctional HDL and its impact on CAD are also briefly presented...
- Can dysfunctional HDL explain high coronary artery disease risk in South Asians?Sunita Dodani
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Int J Cardiol 129:125-32. 2008..We assessed dysfunctional pro-inflammatory high density lipoprotein (HDL) in SAIs and assessed its association with sub-clinical CAD using carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) as a surrogate marker for atherosclerosis...
- Ways to strengthen research capacity in developing countries: effectiveness of a research training workshop in PakistanSunita Dodani
Health Sciences Building, Medical College of Georgia, 997 St Sebastian Way, Room 4503, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Public Health 122:578-87. 2008..A major, unmet challenge has been lack of local expertise and the increasing problem of 'brain drain'...
- Building just-in-time lectures during the prodrome of Hurricanes Katrina and RitaFaina Linkov
Prehosp Disaster Med 21:132. 2006
- Web quality control for lectures: Supercourse and Amazon.comFaina Linkov
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Epidemiology, 3512 Fifth Ave, Room 312, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Croat Med J 46:875-8. 2005..Rapid explosion of internet technologies could be leveraged to produce better, more cost effective systems for quality control in the biomedical publications and across all sciences...
- Brain drain from developing countries: how can brain drain be converted into wisdom gain?Sunita Dodani
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburg, 3512 Fifth Avenue, Room 313, Pittsburgh, PA 15101, USA
J R Soc Med 98:487-91. 2005....
- Distribution and determinants of coronary artery disease in an urban Pakistani settingSunita Dodani
Department of Epidemiology University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15101, USA
Ethn Dis 15:429-35. 2005..We assessed the distribution of coronary artery disease (CAD) and its association with the major biological risk factors and behaviors among Pakistanis presenting at a tertiary care hospital in Karachi, Pakistan...
- Prevalence and awareness of risk factors and behaviours of coronary heart disease in an urban population of Karachi, the largest city of Pakistan: a community surveySunita Dodani
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Room 309, 3512, Fifth Avenue, Pittsburg, PA 15213, USA
J Public Health (Oxf) 26:245-9. 2004..To estimate the prevalence and awareness of risk factors and risk behaviours of coronary heart disease (CHD) in the lower middle class residing in urban localities of Karachi, a mega city of Pakistan...
- Hope of prevention training in South AsiaSunita Dodani
BMJ 329:293-4. 2004
- Distribution of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) in adult womenMarie Andrades
Department of Family Medicine, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 14:132-5. 2004..To determine the distribution of lower urinary tract symptoms in adult women and the frequency with which the women consulted a health care provider for their symptoms...