CATHERINE LUCY DAVIS
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Genetic and environmental determinants of lipid profile in black and white youth: a study of four candidate genesCatherine L Davis
Georgia Prevention Institute, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Ethn Dis 15:568-77. 2005..To identify genotypes and gene-environment interactions, which may explain ethnic differences on lipid profile in Black and White youth...
- Exercise improves executive function and achievement and alters brain activation in overweight children: a randomized, controlled trialCatherine L Davis
Georgia Prevention Institute, Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Health Psychol 30:91-8. 2011..This experiment tested the hypothesis that exercise would improve executive function...
- Highlights of NIDDK's translational diabetes and obesity research conferenceCatherine L Davis
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 6:750-4. 2004
- Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in schoolchildren in a rural Georgia communityCatherine L Davis
Georgia Prevention Institute, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, 30912, USA
Am J Med Sci 330:53-9. 2005..In the context of a national childhood obesity epidemic, this study sought to document the cardiovascular risk status of children in a rural Georgia community...
- Aerobic exercise and snoring in overweight children: a randomized controlled trialCatherine L Davis
Georgia Prevention Institute, Medical College of Georgia, 1499 Walton Way, HS 1711, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:1985-91. 2006..To determine whether regular aerobic exercise improves symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing in overweight children, as has been shown in adults...
- Effects of aerobic exercise on overweight children's cognitive functioning: a randomized controlled trialCatherine L Davis
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 78:510-9. 2007..Exercise may prove to be a simple, yet important, method of enhancing aspects of children's mental functioning that are central to cognitive and social development...