C L Davis
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Parenting styles, regimen adherence, and glycemic control in 4- to 10-year-old children with diabetesC L Davis
University of Miami, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 26:123-9. 2001..To examine relationships among parenting styles, regimen adherence, and glycemic control for preschool and elementary school children who have Type I diabetes...
- Insulin resistance syndrome and left ventricular mass in healthy young peopleCatherine L Davis
Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Prevention Institute, Augusta 30912, USA
Am J Med Sci 324:72-5. 2002..Left ventricular hypertrophy has been linked to hypertension, obesity, and insulin resistance...
- Effects of aerobic exercise on overweight children's cognitive functioning: a randomized controlled trialCatherine L Davis
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 78:510-9. 2007..Exercise may prove to be a simple, yet important, method of enhancing aspects of children's mental functioning that are central to cognitive and social development...
- Ten months of exercise improves general and visceral adiposity, bone, and fitness in black girlsPaule Barbeau
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Prevention Institute, 1499 Walton Way, HS1755, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2077-85. 2007..The goal of this study was to evaluate the impact of a 10-month after-school physical activity (PA) program on body composition and cardiovascular (CV) fitness in young black girls...
- Aerobic exercise and snoring in overweight children: a randomized controlled trialCatherine L Davis
Georgia Prevention Institute, Medical College of Georgia, 1499 Walton Way, HS 1711, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:1985-91. 2006..To determine whether regular aerobic exercise improves symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing in overweight children, as has been shown in adults...
- Genetic and environmental determinants of lipid profile in black and white youth: a study of four candidate genesCatherine L Davis
Georgia Prevention Institute, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Ethn Dis 15:568-77. 2005..To identify genotypes and gene-environment interactions, which may explain ethnic differences on lipid profile in Black and White youth...
- Heritabilities of lipids in young European American and African American twinsAnastasia Iliadou
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Twin Res Hum Genet 8:492-8. 2005..In this first twin study on lipids to include AAs, no ethnic differences in heritability were found except for LDL, where AAs exhibited higher estimates...
- Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in schoolchildren in a rural Georgia communityCatherine L Davis
Georgia Prevention Institute, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, 30912, USA
Am J Med Sci 330:53-9. 2005..In the context of a national childhood obesity epidemic, this study sought to document the cardiovascular risk status of children in a rural Georgia community...
- Highlights of NIDDK's translational diabetes and obesity research conferenceCatherine L Davis
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 6:750-4. 2004
- Physical activity, metabolic syndrome, and overweight in rural youthJustin B Moore
Division of Community Health and Preventive Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, The Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
J Rural Health 24:136-42. 2008..This study was conducted to (1) determine relationships between physical activity and markers of metabolic syndrome, and (2) to explore factors relating to physical activity in a diverse sample of rural youth...
- Physical activity buffers the effects of chronic stress on adiposity in youthZenong Yin
Georgia Prevention Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, USA
Ann Behav Med 29:29-36. 2005..The moderating effect of physical activity (PA) on relations between chronic stress and adiposity is unknown in youth...