M P Collins
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Peripheral Nerve Society Guideline on the classification, diagnosis, investigation, and immunosuppressive therapy of non-systemic vasculitic neuropathy: executive summaryMichael P Collins
Neurology Department, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Peripher Nerv Syst 15:176-84. 2010....
- The neuropathies of vasculitisMichael P Collins
Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 52366, USA
Neurol Clin 31:557-95. 2013..Evaluation requires laboratory tests, electrodiagnostic studies, and nerve or nerve/muscle biopsy. This article reviews classification, clinical presentation, diagnostic evaluation, and management of peripheral nerve vasculitis...
- The vasculitic neuropathies: an updateMichael P Collins
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 52366, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 25:573-85. 2012..This review is intended to highlight recent developments in the field of vasculitic neuropathies...
- Isolated vasculitis of the peripheral nervous systemM P Collins
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:S118-30. 2008..Although most patients have a good outcome, more than 30% relapse and 60% have residual pain. Many nosologic, pathogenic, diagnostic, and therapeutic questions remain unanswered...
- Nonsystemic vasculitic neuropathy: update on diagnosis, classification, pathogenesis, and treatmentMichael P Collins
Neurology Department, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisc, USA
Front Neurol Neurosci 26:26-66. 2009..Although long-term outcome is reasonably good, more than one third of patients relapse, infrequent patients die from the disease or its treatment, and still others develop chronic pain...
- Direct immunofluoresence in vasculitic neuropathy: specificity of vascular immune depositsMichael P Collins
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Muscle Nerve 42:62-9. 2010..Epineurial/perimysial vascular deposits of immunoglobulin/C3 by DIF are a specific marker of vasculitic neuropathy...
- Painful sensory neuropathy: prospective evaluation using skin biopsyM I Periquet
Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Neurology 53:1641-7. 1999..have a peripheral neuropathy? 2) What is the role of skin biopsy in establishing a diagnosis of neuropathy? 3) What conditions are associated with the neuropathy? and 4) What laboratory studies are useful in this patient population?..
- Superficial peroneal nerve/peroneus brevis muscle biopsy in vasculitic neuropathyM P Collins
Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus 43210, USA
Neurology 55:636-43. 2000..To determine the sensitivity and specificity of superficial peroneal nerve (SPN)/peroneus brevis muscle (PBM) biopsy in a cohort of patients with suspected peripheral nerve vasculitis...
- Autonomic impairment in painful neuropathyV Novak
Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Neurology 56:861-8. 2001..1) To determine the degree and distribution and quantitate the severity of autonomic impairment in painful neuropathy (PN). 2) To assess the role of autonomic testing in evaluating PN...