Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Quantitative analysis of cell columns in the cerebral cortexD P Buxhoeveden
Downtown VA Medical Center, 116 A, Psychiatry Service, 3B 121, Augusta, GA 30904, USA
J Neurosci Methods 97:7-17. 2000..On this basis several algorithms describe the distribution of cells from the center line and in relation to the available surrounding space. Other algorithms use cluster analyses to determine the spatial orientation of every column...
- Morphological differences between minicolumns in human and nonhuman primate cortexD P Buxhoeveden
Department of Psychiatry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30904, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 115:361-71. 2001..Because the minicolumn is a basic anatomical and functional unit of the cortex, this strong evidence showed reorganization in this area of the human brain. The relationship between the minicolumn and cortical volume is also discussed...
- Lateralization of minicolumns in human planum temporale is absent in nonhuman primate cortexD P Buxhoeveden
Medical College of Georgia, Downtown VA Medical Center, Psychiatry Service, Augusta, GA 30904, USA
Brain Behav Evol 57:349-58. 2001..Only human brain tissue revealed robust asymmetry in two aspects of minicolumn morphology: wider columns and more neuropil space on the left side. This asymmetry was absent in chimpanzee and rhesus monkey brains...
- Quantitative comparison of radial cell columns in children with Down's syndrome and controlsD Buxhoeveden
The Medical College of Georgia and Downtown VAMC, Augusta, Georgia, USA
J Intellect Disabil Res 46:76-81. 2002..This combination suggests reduced neuronal complexity based on a decrease in processing units, which supports previous findings of decreased cell numbers and synaptic diminution in DS brains...
- The minicolumn hypothesis in neuroscienceDaniel P Buxhoeveden
Department of Psychiatry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Brain 125:935-51. 2002....
- The minicolumn and evolution of the brainDaniel P Buxhoeveden
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Brain Behav Evol 60:125-51. 2002..However, recent advances in methodology enable standardized, quantified comparisons of minicolumn morphology...
- A case of relapsing glioblastoma multiforme responding to vinorelbineV Biassoni
Department of Pediatric, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, 20133, Milan, Italy
J Neurooncol 80:195-201. 2006....