Suzanne N Brixey
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Booster seat use in an inner-city day care center populationSuzanne Brixey
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Research Institute, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 9:238-42. 2008..To determine use and knowledge of belt positioning booster seats by drivers transporting children from day care centers in the central city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin...
- Knowledge and behaviors of physicians and caregivers about appropriate child passenger restraint useSuzanne N Brixey
Department of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics, Injury Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Community Health 34:547-52. 2009..Caregivers indicate willingness to learn, but providers miss many opportunities to teach...
- Free child passenger restraints for patients in an urban pediatric medical home: effects on caregiver behaviorSuzanne Brixey
Injury Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Downtown Health Center Pediatric Clinic, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
WMJ 108:352-8. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of providing no-cost CPRS in combination with targeted education to improve restraint use for low-income, minority, and urban children in a medical home...
- Legislating child restraint usage -Its effect on self-reported child restraint use rates in a central citySuzanne Brixey
Department of Pediatrics and Injury Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Safety Res 41:47-52. 2010..To assess the effect of the newly enacted child passenger safety law, Wisconsin Act 106, on self-report of proper restraint usage of children in Milwaukee's central city population...
- Reliability and validity of child passenger safety restraint observations by community observersSuzanne N Brixey
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, and Children s Research Institute, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 11:573-7. 2010....
- Booster seat legislation: does it work for all children?Suzanne N Brixey
Department of Pediatrics and Injury Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233, USA
Inj Prev 17:233-7. 2011..To assess the impact of a booster seat law in Wisconsin on booster seat use in relation to race, ethnicity and socioeconomic status...
- Motor vehicle crashes associated with alcohol: child passenger injury and restraint useAmy E Schlotthauer
Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226 0509, USA
Am J Prev Med 40:320-3. 2011..The role of alcohol in fatal motor vehicle crashes involving children has been well established. However, the nonfatal injury burden of alcohol on child passengers has not been comprehensively assessed...
- Injuries can be preventedSuzanne Brixey
WMJ 104:19-20. 2005