Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- A randomized controlled trial of etilevodopa in patients with Parkinson disease who have motor fluctuationsKaren Blindauer
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Arch Neurol 63:210-6. 2006..Etilevodopa is an ethyl-ester prodrug of levodopa that has greater gastric solubility, passes quickly into the small intestine, is rapidly hydrolyzed to levodopa, and has a shortened time to maximum levodopa concentration...
- Parkinson's disease disrupts both automatic and controlled processing of action verbsLeonardo Fernandino
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, United States Electronic address
Brain Lang 127:65-74. 2013..These results argue for a causal role of sensory-motor systems in semantic processing...
- Rasagiline improves quality of life in patients with early Parkinson's diseaseKevin M Biglan
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Mov Disord 21:616-23. 2006..Rasagiline improved QOL compared with placebo. This QOL improvement appears to be accounted for primarily by the symptomatic benefit of rasagiline...
- Effects of tyramine administration in Parkinson's disease patients treated with selective MAO-B inhibitor rasagilineJ Antonelle deMarcaida
Department of Neurology, University of Connecticut, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Mov Disord 21:1716-21. 2006..These data demonstrate that rasagiline 0.5 to 2 mg daily is not associated with clinically significant tyramine reactions and can be used as monotherapy or adjunct to levodopa in PD patients without specific dietary tyramine restriction...
- Cancer incidence in a trial of an antiapoptotic agent for Parkinson's diseaseSteven R Schwid
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Mov Disord 25:1801-8. 2010..Melanoma occurrence in our PD patients was greater than predicted compared with the general population and was unrelated to dopaminergic therapy. Clinical surveillance of PD patients for melanoma may be warranted...
- Where is the action? Action sentence processing in Parkinson's diseaseLeonardo Fernandino
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Center for Imaging Research, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuropsychologia 51:1510-7. 2013..These results indicate that sensory-motor systems play a functional role in semantic processing, including processing of figurative action language...
- Test-retest reliability of the unified Parkinson's disease rating scale in patients with early Parkinson's disease: results from a multicenter clinical trialAndrew Siderowf
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Mov Disord 17:758-63. 2002..The findings are in agreement with previous reports on interrater reliability...
- Serum urate as a predictor of clinical and radiographic progression in Parkinson diseaseMichael A Schwarzschild
MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Arch Neurol 65:716-23. 2008..To determine whether concentration of serum urate, a purine metabolite and potent antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of Parkinson disease (PD), predicts prognosis in PD...
- Transtelephonic home blood pressure to assess the monoamine oxidase-B inhibitor rasagiline in Parkinson diseaseWilliam B White
Division of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center and Clinical Trials Unit, University of Connecticut, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3940, USA
Hypertension 52:587-93. 2008..3%, 2.6%, and 2.9% of the placebo, 0.5-mg, and 1.0-mg rasagiline groups, respectively. These data demonstrate that rasagiline did not induce postprandial hypertension in patients with Parkinson disease who were on an unrestricted diet...