Angela Moreland Begle
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Ethnicity differences in child and parental outcomes following involvement the PACE programAngela Moreland Begle
Medical University of South Carolina, SC, USA
Behav Res Ther 50:56-64. 2012....
- Predicting child abuse potential: an empirical investigation of two theoretical frameworksAngela Moreland Begle
Medical University of South Carolina, National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, 67 President Street 2 South, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 39:208-19. 2010..In contrast, the cumulative risk model, which included the accumulation of risk markers, was significant in predicting child abuse potential...
- Elder mistreatment and emotional symptoms among older adults in a largely rural population: the South Carolina elder mistreatment studyAngela M Begle
National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 67 President Street 2 South, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Interpers Violence 26:2321-32. 2011..These data suggest that mistreated older adults also suffer from greater emotional symptoms and highlight the need for more research in this area...
- Child and parental outcomes following involvement in a preventive intervention: efficacy of the PACE programAngela Moreland Begle
National Crime Victims Treatment and Research Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
J Prim Prev 32:67-81. 2011..Findings provide support for the efficacy of PACE in improving child and parent outcomes in an ethnically diverse community population and among parents considered at risk for child maltreatment...
- Longitudinal pathways of victimization, substance use, and delinquency: findings from the National Survey of AdolescentsAngela M Begle
National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, 29425, United States
Addict Behav 36:682-9. 2011..Specifically, hypotheses concerning victimization and high risk behavior were fully supported with boys, but different patterns emerged in the data for girls...
- Parental child abuse potential and subsequent coping competence in disadvantaged preschool children: moderating effects of sex and ethnicityCristina M Lopez
Medical University of South Carolina, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Charleston, SC, USA
Child Abuse Negl 36:226-35. 2012..No moderating effects were found for sex and ethnicity, but results showed main effects of sex and ethnicity in cross-sectional analyses. Clinical implications and future directions are discussed...
- Prevalence and correlates of poor self-rated health in the United States: the national elder mistreatment studyAnanda B Amstadter
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, SC, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:615-23. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the level of, and correlates for, poor self-rated health in a community sample of older adults with particular emphasis on elder mistreatment history, demographics, and social dependency variables...