Jeannette O Andrews
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Using community-based participatory research to develop a culturally sensitive smoking cessation intervention with public housing neighborhoodsJeannette O Andrews
School of Nursing, Department of Biobehavioral Nursing, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Ethn Dis 17:331-7. 2007..To describe surface and deep structure dimensions of a culturally sensitive smoking cessation intervention developed with southeastern US public housing neighborhoods...
- The effect of smoking, smoking cessation, and passive smoke exposure on common laboratory values in clinical settings: a review of the evidenceJeannette O Andrews
Department of Health Environments and Systems, School of Nursing, Medical College of Georgia, EB 204, 997 St Sebastian Way, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 18:63-9, xii. 2006..This article addresses the effects of active and passive smoking and cessation on common parameters of hematology, hemostasis, immunology and inflammation, and chemistry laboratory tests...
- Breaking the ties of nicotine dependenceSharon M Bennett
Medical College of Georgia School of Nursing, Augusta, USA
Nurse Pract 32:36-45; quiz 45-6. 2007
- The effect of a multi-component smoking cessation intervention in African American women residing in public housingJeannette O Andrews
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Res Nurs Health 30:45-60. 2007..Spiritual well-being did not predict or mediate smoking abstinence outcomes. These findings support the use of a nurse/community health worker model to deliver culturally tailored behavioral interventions with marginalized communities...
- Primary and secondary tobacco prevention in youthMartha S Tingen
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, USA
Annu Rev Nurs Res 27:171-93. 2009..As one of the largest health care professions, nurses should seize the important opportunity of positively impacting the health of children and youth through comprehensive and effective primary and secondary tobacco prevention efforts...
- Use of community health workers in research with ethnic minority womenJeannette O Andrews
Medical College of Georgia, Department of Nursing Science, EB 204, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 36:358-65. 2004..To explore roles and effectiveness of community health workers in research with ethnic minority women in the United States (US)...
- Accuracy of noninvasive core temperature measurement in acutely ill adults: the state of the scienceVallire D Hooper
School of Nursing at the Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, 30909, USA
Biol Res Nurs 8:24-34. 2006..Evidence does, however, support the use of oral thermometry as an accurate means of temperature assessment in the adult, acutely ill population...
- Systemic inflammatory response syndrome score and race as predictors of length of stay in the intensive care unitElizabeth G NeSmith
School of Nursing, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Crit Care 18:339-46; quiz 347. 2009..Identifying predictors of length of stay in the intensive care unit can help critical care clinicians prioritize care in patients with acute, life-threatening injuries...
- Management of tobacco dependence in older adults: using evidence-based strategiesJeannette O Andrews
Department of Health Environments and Systems, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 30:13-24. 2004..Pharmacological and behavioral therapies are recommended to assist with the cessation process. Gerontological nurses can play a key role in optimizing health and successsful aging by reducing tobacco use in older adults...
- Comparison of enrollment rates of African-American families into a school-based tobacco prevention trial using two recruitment strategies in urban and rural settingsMartha S Tingen
Child Health Discovery Institute, Georgia Prevention Institute, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Health Promot 27:e91-e100. 2013..This study evaluated similarities and differences of enrollment rates using two different recruitment strategies for a tobacco control trial in rural and urban African-American (AA) elementary school families...