Syed M Ahmed
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Community engagement in research: frameworks for education and peer reviewSyed M Ahmed
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Center for Healthy Communities, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 53226 0509, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1380-7. 2010..Use of these frameworks for educating researchers to create and sustain authentic community-academic partnerships will increase accountability and equality between the partners...
- Strong Rural Communities Initiative (SRCI) program: challenges in promoting healthier lifestylesSyed M Ahmed
Medical College of Wisconsin, Plank Road Clinic, 1155 N Mayfair Rd, Wauwatosa, WI 53226, USA
WMJ 110:119-26. 2011..The SRCI provided a broad framework of leadership to assist each of the 6 rural communities in developing and implementing new, collaborative interventions that addressed the specific health needs of the community...
- Overcoming barriers to effective community-based participatory research in US medical schoolsSyed M Ahmed
Center for Healthy Communities, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Educ Health (Abingdon) 17:141-51. 2004..Training and supporting faculty in the philosophy and methods of this approach is the cornerstone of improved community-based research...
- Cancer prevention in underserved African American communities: barriers and effective strategies--a review of the literatureMarie Wolff
Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
WMJ 102:36-40. 2003....
- Lessons learned: developing a volunteer health care program for the underservedSyed M Ahmed
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Center for Healthy Communities, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 13:164-70. 2002