Scott D McDonald
- The validity and diagnostic efficiency of the Davidson Trauma Scale in military veterans who have served since September 11th, 2001Scott D McDonald
VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States
J Anxiety Disord 23:247-55. 2009..Thus, results illustrate that potency of the DTS as a diagnostic aid was highly dependent on the comparison group used for analyses. Results are discussed in terms of applications to clinical practice and research...
- The diagnostic accuracy of the PTSD checklist: a critical reviewScott D McDonald
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, Richmond VA Medical Center, 1201 Broad Rock Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 30:976-87. 2010..Recommendations and cautions regarding the use of the PCL as a clinical screening test, a diagnostic tool in research, and as an estimator of PTSD population prevalence are provided...
- Factorial invariance of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms across three veteran samplesScott D McDonald
VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Trauma Stress 21:309-17. 2008..Results supported factor invariance across the three veteran cohorts, suggesting that cross-group comparisons are interpretable. Implications and applications for DSM-IV nosology and the validity of symptom measures are discussed...
- Clinical utility of the Primary Care--PTSD Screen among U.S. veterans who served since September 11, 2001Patrick S Calhoun
VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Psychiatry Res 178:330-5. 2010..Within primary care settings, the PC-PTSD may be most advantageously employed in the context of staged screening, given the measure's relative susceptibility to false positives...
- The relationship between posttraumatic stress disorder and smoking outcome expectancies among U.S. military veterans who served since September 11, 2001Patrick S Calhoun
VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, USA
J Trauma Stress 24:303-8. 2011..Further understanding of smoking expectancies in this group may help in developing interventions tailored for this vulnerable population...
- Identification of transient altered consciousness induced by military-related blast exposure and its relation to postconcussion symptomsWilliam C Walker
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 28:68-76. 2013..Yet, there is scant published empirical guidance on methods for accurately detecting historical AOC...
- Does neurologic examination during inpatient rehabilitation help predict global outcome after nonpenetrating traumatic brain injury?William C Walker
Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Richmond, VA, USA
PM R 3:6-12. 2011..To determine whether combining basic neurologic examination measurements with posttraumatic amnesia (PTA) duration can enhance prediction accuracy in moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Objectively assessing balance deficits after TBI: Role of computerized posturographyTreven C Pickett
Mental Health Service Line, Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center, Hunter Holmes McGuire VAMC, 1201 Broad Rock Blvd, 116B, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:983-90. 2007..The quantitative CPT measures are a promising way to characterize postural instability in severe TBI populations...
- Trait anxiety, disgust sensitivity, and the hierarchic structure of fearsScott D McDonald
Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Psychology, PO Box 842018, Richmond, VA 23284, USA
J Anxiety Disord 22:1059-74. 2008..Study 2 (N=213) generally replicated these results. Findings suggest that the hierarchic structural model of fears would benefit from inclusion of trait anxiety and DS as higher-order contributors to fearfulness...