Jay R McDonald
- Acute infective endocarditisJay R McDonald
Infectious Disease Section, Specialty Care Service, St Louis VA Medical Center, 915 N Grand Boulevard, Mailcode 151 JC, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 23:643-64. 2009....
- Herpes zoster risk factors in a national cohort of veterans with rheumatoid arthritisJay R McDonald
St Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63106, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:1364-71. 2009..Herpes zoster occurs more commonly in patients taking immunosuppressive medications, although the risk associated with different medications is poorly understood...
- Rate of kidney function decline associates with mortalityZiyad Al-Aly
Division of Nephrology, Saint Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1961-9. 2010..Incorporating the rate of decline into the definition of CKD may transform a static definition into a dynamic one that more accurately describes the potential consequences of the disease for an individual...
- Mental health disorders and the risk of AIDS-defining illness and death in HIV-infected veteransDiana Nurutdinova
St Louis VA Medical Center, Missouri, USA
AIDS 26:229-34. 2012..We examined the impact of mental health diagnoses on progression to AIDS-defining illness (ADI) and death in a large cohort of HIV-infected veterans who accessed care between 2001 and 2006...
- Risk of non-melanoma skin cancer in a national cohort of veterans with rheumatoid arthritisWassila Amari
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1431-9. 2011..To determine the incidence of and risk factors for non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) in a national cohort of veterans with RA...
- TNF-α antagonist use and risk of hospitalization for infection in a national cohort of veterans with rheumatoid arthritisMichael A Lane
Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 90:139-45. 2011..We conclude that patients with RA who are treated with TNF-α antagonists are at higher risk for hospitalization for infection than those treated with other DMARDs. Prednisone use is also a risk factor for hospitalization for infection...
- Greater variability in kidney function is associated with an increased risk of deathZiyad Al-Aly
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Saint Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Saint Louis, Missouri 63106, USA
Kidney Int 82:1208-14. 2012..34 (1.28-1.40), an association consistently present in all sensitivity analyses. Thus, our results demonstrate that greater variability in kidney function is independently associated with increased risk of death...
- Increased body mass index is associated with improved survival in United States veterans with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaKenneth R Carson
St Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8056, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3217-22. 2012..In diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), the most common form of NHL, the association between body mass index (BMI) at diagnosis and survival is unclear...
- Daptomycin compared to vancomycin for the treatment of osteomyelitis: a single-center, retrospective cohort studyRyan P Moenster
Infectious Diseases, St Louis VA Medical Center John Cochran Division, St Louis College of Pharmacy, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Ther 34:1521-7. 2012..Daptomycin, a novel lipopetide antibiotic, is also active against resistant gram-positive organisms, but there is little published about its efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of OM...
- Tumor necrosis factor-α blockade, cardiovascular outcomes, and survival in rheumatoid arthritisZiyad Al-Aly
St Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, MO 63106, USA
Transl Res 157:10-8. 2011..These results show that the risk of cardiovascular events and survival in patients who receive TNF-α antagonists is not different than those who receive other DMARDs...