Jeanette Y Ziegenfuss
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Patient characteristics of provider survey respondents: no evidence of nonresponse biasJeanette Y Ziegenfuss
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Eval Health Prof 35:507-16. 2012..Nonetheless as the threat of nonresponse bias can never be completely assuaged, we believe that it should be monitored as a matter of course in physician surveys and offer a new dimension by which it can be evaluated...
- Offering results to participants in a diabetes survey: effects on survey response ratesJeanette Y Ziegenfuss
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Patient 4:241-5. 2011..Moreover, while there is some evidence that the practice increases response rates, it is of limited generalizability...
- Getting physicians to open the survey: little evidence that an envelope teaser increases response ratesJeanette Y Ziegenfuss
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:41. 2012..Here we assess this by testing the impact of adding a brightly colored "$25 incentive" sticker to the outside of an envelope on response rates and nonresponse bias in a survey of physicians...
- Twenty years of coverage: an enhanced current population survey-1989-2008Jeanette Y Ziegenfuss
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Health Serv Res 46:199-209. 2011..To create a consistent time series to understand coverage trends by harmonizing 20 years of insurance coverage estimates from the Current Population Survey (CPS) that are an available public resource...
- Deployment of a mixed-mode data collection strategy does not reduce nonresponse bias in a general population health surveyTimothy J Beebe
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1739-54. 2012..To assess nonresponse bias in a mixed-mode general population health survey...
- Asthma expenditures in the United States comparing 2004 to 2006 and 1996 to 1998Matthew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:499-504. 2012..To describe how the types of healthcare expenditures for patients with asthma have changed over the past decade...
- Individuals with diabetes preferred that future trials use patient-important outcomes and provide pragmatic inferencesMohammad H Murad
Knowledge and Encounter Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 64:743-8. 2011..Specifically, do patients prefer trials to focus on patient-important outcomes (vs. surrogate outcomes) and provide practical/pragmatic answers (vs. mechanistic/explanatory answers)?..
- Self-report of hypoglycemia and health-related quality of life in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetesRozalina G McCoy
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Endocr Pract 19:792-9. 2013..To establish the prevalence of self-reported hypoglycemia among ambulatory patients with diabetes and assess its impact on health-related quality of life (HRQoL)...
- Population-based trends in urinary diversion among patients undergoing radical cystectomy for bladder cancerSimon P Kim
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BJU Int 112:478-84. 2013..Furthermore, patients treated surgically at high-volume and teaching hospitals are more likely to receive continent diversions...
- Attitudes toward and uptake of H1N1 vaccine among health care workers during the 2009 H1N1 pandemicJoan M Henriksen Hellyer
Program in Professionalism and Ethics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 6:e29478. 2011....
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) authorization and survey nonresponse biasTimothy J Beebe
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Department of Health Sciences Research, Survey Research Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Med Care 49:365-70. 2011..To extend earlier work (Beebe et al, Med Care. 2007;45:959-965) that demonstrated Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act authorization form (HAF) introduced potential nonresponse bias (toward healthier respondents)...
- Is patient assessment of asthma care delivery associated with publicly reported performance measures?Matthew A Rank
Division of Allergy, Asthma, and Clinical Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
J Asthma 50:908-14. 2013..To determine the association between patient assessment of healthcare delivery and publicly reported asthma performance measures...
- Clinical implementation of quality of life instruments and prediction tools for localized prostate cancer: results from a national survey of radiation oncologists and urologistsSimon P Kim
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Urol 189:2092-8. 2013..In this context we determined whether quality of life and prediction instruments for prostate cancer have been adopted by radiation oncologists and urologists in the United States...
- The impact of asthma medication guidelines on asthma controller use and on asthma exacerbation rates comparing 1997-1998 and 2004-2005Matthew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Olmsted Medical Center, Rochester, MN, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 108:9-13. 2012..The relationship between asthma controller medication use and exacerbation rates over time is unclear at the population level...
- Telephone follow-up to a mail survey: when to offer an interview compared to a reminder callJeanette Y Ziegenfuss
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55904, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:32. 2012..This study was designed to determine if a reminder phone call or a phone interview as a final mode of contact to a mailed survey works better to increase response rates and which strategy is more cost effective...
- Getting physicians to respond: the impact of incentive type and timing on physician survey response ratesKatherine M James
Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Health Serv Res 46:232-42. 2011..To study the effects of payment timing, form of payment, and requiring a social security number (SSN) on survey response rates...
- Who doesn't authorize the linking of survey and administrative health data? A general population-based investigationTimothy J Beebe
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Epidemiol 21:706-9. 2011..To determine the extent of authorization bias in a study linking survey and medical record data in a general population-based investigation...
- A brief Patient-Reported Outcomes Quality of Life (PROQOL) instrument to improve patient careJennifer L Ridgeway
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS Med 10:e1001548. 2013..Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary. ..
- Increased mortality of patients with diabetes reporting severe hypoglycemiaRozalina G McCoy
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1897-901. 2012..We conducted a retrospective study to determine whether patient self-report of severe hypoglycemia is associated with increased mortality...
- Shortening a survey and using alternative forms of prenotification: impact on response rate and qualityTimothy J Beebe
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester Minnesota 55905, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:50. 2010..postcard) on measures of survey quality, including response rates, response times (days to return the survey), and item nonresponse...
- Differences in demographic composition and in work, social, and functional limitations among the populations with unipolar depression and bipolar disorder: results from a nationally representative sampleNathan D Shippee
Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:90. 2011....
- Missing data and interpretation of cancer surgery outcomes at the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement ProgramHelen M Parsons
University of Minnesota and Minneapolis Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Am Coll Surg 213:379-91. 2011..Our study examines the impact of missing data on predictive models for short-term operative outcomes after cancer surgery in the ACS NSQIP database...
- Characteristics of exclusive users of mind-body medicine vs. other alternative medicine approaches in the United StatesKavita Prasad
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Explore (NY) 9:219-25. 2013..Persons using one group of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) may differ in important ways from users of other CAM therapies...
- Impact of discontinuity in health insurance on resource utilizationRitesh Banerjee
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester Minnesota USA
BMC Health Serv Res 10:195. 2010..This study sought to describe the incidence of transitions into and out of Medicaid, characterize the populations that transition and determine if health insurance instability is associated with changes in healthcare utilization...