Kathleen J Yost
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- The association between health literacy and indicators of cognitive impairment in a diverse sample of primary care patientsKathleen J Yost
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 93:319-26. 2013..To determine whether this association differs by cognitive task...
- Development and validation of a self-report lower-extremity lymphedema screening questionnaire in womenKathleen J Yost
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St W, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Phys Ther 93:694-703. 2013..Patient-reported signs and symptoms are often the first indication of clinically relevant lymphedema...
- The Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy - General (FACT-G) is valid for monitoring quality of life in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomaKathleen J Yost
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:290-7. 2013..Overall, the FACT-G was a valid measure for monitoring QoL over time in patients with NHL. However, sensitivity analyses based on subscale scoring that excludes potentially problematic items may be warranted...
- Minimally important differences were estimated for six Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System-Cancer scales in advanced-stage cancer patientsKathleen J Yost
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 64:507-16. 2011..We combined anchor- and distribution-based methods to establish minimally important differences (MIDs) for six Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS)-Cancer scales in advanced-stage cancer patients...
- Performance of an item response theory-based computer adaptive test in identifying functional declineAndrea L Cheville
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:1153-60. 2012..To achieve a low respondent burden and increase the responsiveness of functional measurement by using an item response theory-based computer adaptive test (CAT), the Activity Measure for Post-Acute Care (AM-PAC) CAT...
- A brief Patient-Reported Outcomes Quality of Life (PROQOL) instrument to improve patient careJennifer L Ridgeway
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS Med 10:e1001548. 2013..Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary. ..
- Translating comparative effectiveness of depression medications into practice by comparing the depression medication choice decision aid to usual care: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialAnnie Leblanc
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Trials 14:127. 2013..Decision aids can adapt this evidence to help patients participate in making informed choices. In turn, antidepressant therapy will more likely reflect patients' values and context, leading to improved adherence and mood outcomes...
- Patient-reported outcomes in studies of complementary and alternative medicine: problems, solutions, and future directionsDavid T Eton
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Explore (NY) 7:314-9. 2011..Increased standardization of outcome measurement in CAM studies will allow for more cross-study comparisons and facilitate the statistical pooling of results, ultimately leading to a more informative evidence base...