Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Translating comparative effectiveness of depression medications into practice by comparing the depression medication choice decision aid to usual care: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialAnnie Leblanc
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Trials 14:127. 2013..Decision aids can adapt this evidence to help patients participate in making informed choices. In turn, antidepressant therapy will more likely reflect patients' values and context, leading to improved adherence and mood outcomes...
- Differences in demographic composition and in work, social, and functional limitations among the populations with unipolar depression and bipolar disorder: results from a nationally representative sampleNathan D Shippee
Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:90. 2011....
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and patients with carcinoid tumorMark D Williams
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Psychosomatics 46:370-2. 2005
- Direct costs of bipolar disorder versus other chronic conditions: an employer-based health plan analysisMark D Williams
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, MayoClinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1073-8. 2011..This study was a retrospective data-based analysis of health care utilization and costs for patients diagnosed as having bipolar disorder compared with patients with diagnoses of depression, diabetes, coronary artery disease, or asthma...
- Implementation of a care management model for depression at two primary care clinicsMark Williams
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 34:163-73. 2011..Differences in rates of activation into care management, care management accessibility, and differences in maintaining contact with patients at 6 months may explain some of these results...
- Creating value in depression managementMark D Williams
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Qual Prim Care 18:327-33. 2010..Examples of the implementation of evidence-based practice in general care, accompanied by changes in fiscal incentives, are rare outside of research endeavours...
- Outcome of electroconvulsive therapy by race in the Consortium for Research on Electroconvulsive Therapy multisite studyMark D Williams
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J ECT 24:117-21. 2008..The authors examine the differences in outcome between black and white patients receiving electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) as a part of the Consortium for Research on Electroconvulsive Therapy multisite study...
- Initial implementation of a depression care manager model: an observational study of outpatient utilization in primary care clinicsKurt B Angstman
Department of Family Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55906, USA
Popul Health Manag 12:227-30. 2009..95 visits per patient as compared to the UC patients having 0.55 visits per patient (P = 0.04). This study suggests that the initial implementation of a CM model for treatment of depression will increase outpatient utilization. ...
- A system-based approach to depression management in primary care using the Patient Health Questionnaire-9Ramona S Dejesus
Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:1395-402. 2007..This review article provides a system-based approach to depression management using the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 to guide clinicians in the identification and treatment of depression and its follow-up care...
- Collaborative care management effectively promotes self-management: patient evaluation of care management for depression in primary careRamona S Dejesus
Assistant Professor of Medicine, College of Medicine, Primary Care Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Postgrad Med 126:141-6. 2014..Chronic disease management in the primary care setting increasingly involves self-management support from a nurse care manager. Prior research had shown patient acceptance and willingness to work with care managers...
- ENHANCE: results of a global open-label trial of drotrecogin alfa (activated) in children with severe sepsisBrahm Goldstein
Division of Pediatric Critical Care, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 7:200-11. 2006..To gather additional 28-day all-cause mortality data and safety information for pediatric patients with severe sepsis who received drotrecogin alfa (activated) (DrotAA)...