Laura J Wentworth
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Massage therapy reduces tension, anxiety, and pain in patients awaiting invasive cardiovascular proceduresLaura J Wentworth
Department of Nursing Administration, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 24:155-61. 2009..This pilot study showed that massage can be incorporated into medical cardiovascular units' preprocedural practice and adds validity to prior massage studies...
- SBAR: electronic handoff tool for noncomplicated procedural patientsLaura Wentworth
Department of Nursing, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 27:125-31. 2012..The electronic SBAR gave staff a reliable and standard way to provide a patient handoff...
- Effect of massage therapy on pain, anxiety, and tension in cardiac surgical patients: a pilot studySusanne M Cutshall
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Complement Ther Clin Pract 16:92-5. 2010..Specific aims included determining the difference in pain, anxiety, tension, and satisfaction scores of patients before and after massage compared with patients who received standard care...
- Effect of the combination of music and nature sounds on pain and anxiety in cardiac surgical patients: a randomized studyBrent A Bauer
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 17:16-23. 2011..Studies have suggested that music can decrease anxiety in hospitalized patients. Primary Study Objective This study focused on the efficacy and feasibility of special music, which included nature sounds, for pain and anxiety...
- Effect of massage therapy on pain, anxiety, and tension after cardiac surgery: a randomized studyBrent A Bauer
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Complement Ther Clin Pract 16:70-5. 2010..Massage therapy may be an important component of the healing experience for patients after cardiovascular surgery...
- Evaluation of a biofeedback-assisted meditation program as a stress management tool for hospital nurses: a pilot studySusanne M Cutshall
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Explore (NY) 7:110-2. 2011..To assess whether a self-directed, computer-guided meditation training program is useful for stress reduction in hospital nurses...